The 2.620 COOP Campaign bulletin

Zipuli

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then, sign me up for a cv 90 fin position, if there is still space.

I think you mis read his post.

The original T-72 campaign is just that a Finnish T-72 Coy versus Russian kit (no CV90s on either side).

He then mentions it will be short as he will no doubt roll the Finnish CV90 into a subsequent (i.e. different) campaign.

As for mapreading, I've got that down already.

As for how to shoot; I guess we have some time to practise.

Don't get shot in arse, might be an issue though! :biggrin: That's where tactics and all come in, you see.

And that's where I lack information/training/experience.

But I guess if I could man a vehicle in a platoon rather than leading a whole platoon myself, I might be fine. Just do what the commander says, no? :remybussi:

Hello, fellow T-tankers and other ...nkers!

I count 26 names who say they are *in*. That is a lot of players, but once I break it down into the organizations, it's not that much... and nothing my server cannot handle ;). And got to remember that not all can participate in each game for sure, so the realistic number may be a bit less.

Before we go into details on how I am going to break you guys into platoons, a few things I have planned for the pre-campaign phase. This will also require some commitment from the players, so hopefully you are up for the challenge! The idea is to hone up the T-72 skills and cooperation between individuals a bit before letting the shit seriously hit the fan - so we won't all burn in the 1st mission.

SO, what will be done before the D-Day:

1) everybody, familiarize with the T-72M1. Learn the controls, learn to shoot. Read the wiki article. Play the gunnery range again and again, till you get the hang of the FCS (or the lack of ;)).

2) I will take the named platoon leaders and their backups for a ride in MP environment, to familiarize with the combat techniques required for survival in this campaign. This means to get to know the terrain, and to get to know how to operate a T-72 platoon effectively AS A UNIT. Nothing hardcore military drilling and such, but it will hopefully help later on when you start operating your own platoons.

2,5) Platoon leaders will hopefully take their platoon for a ride in a few scenarios I will provide them.

3) I will host platoon training sessions for individual platoons, where the named personnell for each platoon at a time will perform some simple and some challenging tasks AS A UNIT. This will be from gunnery to platoon maneuvers. Same with the comms.

4) Last thing before the real deal we will have a session as a company where we see how the complete unit functions, and hone up the comms and such in a company excercise.

I hope such approach will be interesting for you guys too! At least I will do my best to keep it so! It will take some extra commitment and extra time, but hopefully the result is that the real action later on will not be such a chaos, as it usually tends to be. It is a LOT more satisfying to play when things work out - controls are already mapped, TS things are sorted out in advance, people know who they play with, know the comms...

Any comments are welcome of course. I will post the roster later on. Same with the first session times.

And here is a roster prototype. We will be using custom callsigns, the callsign is behind the unit in brackets. Note that the unit will operate in a single radio network (whisper is for TC-GNR comms only) so it's english all the way:

Bluecoy:

CO (1) = Zip

XO (5) = will be named later

FO (7) = Hedgehog

1st Platoon (Alpha) = Duke 911

Vati, Daskal, TankHunter, DarkLabor, Fuchs_Leo1_TC

2nd Platoon (Bravo) = Tango 29

12 Alfa, krause, Dracul, Oscar, jazjar

3rd Platoon (Charlie) = Induction

Espi, Moka, fragged, Redaspect, WarUlf, MajorTom

Command platoon (Kilo) = same person as XO

Combat Support plt (Hotel) = Kingtiger, Yskonyn, Killjoy

OPFOR (/other bluefor):

-Gibsonm

-Tacbat

-JohnO

-Sabot Ready

-Grenny

A should be mainly Europe, B N.America and C north europe. Maybe it will help the platoon training, maybe not =)

Edited by Zipuli