The 2.620 COOP Campaign bulletin

Zipuli

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Zipuli, I'm enjoying to learn how you are working with T-72 in Finland.

Did you use Soviet tactics or did you have your own one?

Soviet tactics are division - corps level tactics. We talk platoons and companies in Finland =)

So the latter.

Also, how do I join the game once it goes up?

Well the usual drill is:

1. The organiser posts a date / time here usually in Zulu time (so people don't get confused about which time zone they meant).

2. Then you fire up Teamspeak say 30 min prior to the agreed start time.

3. Then the organiser publishes the IP address they are serving from in Teamspeak.

4. You start SB Pro PE, select "Network Session" and enter the IP address in the space provided.

5. And away you go. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Hi, Zip,

Another heads-up. I'm a part time contractor for computer simulation at our nearby military Base. It may be that the weekend of 14-15 January will be used to test an upcoming exercise, so that will call me away. As well, I will be away over the 14-15 February weekend on another exercise away from the Base.

If he's willing, I'd like to have 12A as my platoon 2i/c, as I have worked with him before. He is very experienced, and I am certain that he can run the platoon from his tank on his own, with our other four members manning TC/Gunner positions in our other two tanks.

I'm looking forward to this campaign. 12 Alfa, krause, Dracul, Oscar, jazjar: have a great Christmas and a super New Year, and enjoy the campaign preparations! :)

Hello, 2nd Platoon,

I'm honoured to have been chosen as the Commander of 2nd Platoon for Zipuli's 2.620 COOP Campaign. I look forward to working with you to make the activities of both our platoon and our company a success, and to having a good time doing it.

I do not know yet just how Zip will assign our personnel to various positions. With six members, it looks like we'll have a crew commander and gunner in each of our three tanks. If someone occasionally can't attend training our the campaign, then I think that the other crew member of that tank will operate the vehicle on his own. We can discuss this in due course.

For the time being, however, would you please let me know three things? First, where you are located so that I can get an idea of time zones, and hence plan some training dates/times. Second, what is your preference as to the position you would like to take in the platoon: TC or gunner. We'll work up the crews over the next few weeks, as we go through the Christmas and New Years activities. You will see in one of my postings that I've asked Zip for 12A as the platoon 2i/c if possible, and if he will take the slot. That said, I'll entertain your wishes as best I can, certainly in close cooperation with you all. The last item of information needed is what experience you might have in armour operations. I would like this so that I can set up training to match our collective level of experience. Don't worry if you haven't too much experience. We'll help each other in the various procedures and drills.

I'd like to contact you all via PM, but some members do not have that feature activated. I'd appreciate it if you would do so, so that we can maintain contact by PM means and not tie up this thread.

I'm encouraged to see that we have a good mix of three Senior and three Junior members. I look forward to working with you all on this campaign, and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience. Have a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year! :)

Cheers!

T29/Trackpad

and remember, when you screw up I will be there to tow you out of the shit :biggrin:

Never doubt it, KT! In another life, I always knew where to keep my first and second line recovery support, not to mention all of my admin assets: always close to hand. But we'll try to keep out of the bogs as much as possible: wouldn't want to wear you out too soon! :biggrin:

Maybe that's a subject for a future SB mod: allowing tanks to hook tow cables to other tanks for recovery purposes. :)

I must say, I like the T-72.

Got too used to the Computer doing all the calculations for me.

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

I agree. My last tank was the Centurion V, and the only real advantage that the T-72 has over the Cent's FCS is the laser rangefinder setup. The rest of the graticle pattern, or at least its use, is quite reminiscent of my "long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away!" :biggrin:

Great. I realize that this takes another gun tank off the line for a while to do the recovery, but it can get the casualty under cover close by for an eventual recovery by the maintainers or for a repair in place.

Have you tried "Shoving?" :biggrin:

I don't know if eSim will implement the Tank Towing as the Pro version instructor can do this.