The 2.620 COOP Campaign bulletin

Zipuli

Guest Killjoy
Is the weekend 28th-29th January good for the O-group? This would mean platoon leaders and their 2ICs, FO, QM?

This weekend would be for getting things started and then there would be time to train as platoons for a couple of weeks, before getting the coy up and running in mid February.

Training that weekend.

Wont be able to make it, sorry mate.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the weekend 28th-29th January good for the O-group? This would mean platoon leaders and their 2ICs, FO, QM?

This weekend would be for getting things started and then there would be time to train as platoons for a couple of weeks, before getting the coy up and running in mid February.

Hi, Zip,

It's a good thing that I counted myself out of the co-op. I have three exercises in February so far (9-12, 14-16 and 20-24), so trying to get involved is now out of the question for me. Good luck to you and all participants. Hopefully I'll be able to join a future co-op! :)

I guess the OPFOR aren't required until the "mid February" phase?

Is this something that i could join? :S

I think there are slots still open.

The main group are in a playable T-72 Coy, so if you want to play "blue" spend some time on the range pressing "v" a lot (and/ or practice dying). :)

The smaller OPFOR group is controlling mostly AI crewed Russian vehicles (but I guess you can personally crew command a BRDM or BTR) and drinking Vodka.

Zipuli will have a clearer picture in terms of vaccancies.

Guest Killjoy
Training?

TA?

Army Cadets.

Doing an exercise with the Royal Irish and Irish Guards.

Lots of loud, shooty things and explosions. Rumour has it we have a Warrior to play with!

Guest Killjoy
Uh Oh, Cadets in a Warrior doesn't sound good.

:biggrin:

We've got 2 instructors from the Armour training center in Bovington down at the base for a few weeks and they brought a warrior over to show it off to the guys on base.

They're kind enough to let us do a debussing exercise from it then after END-EX we're getting treated to a live fire demo.

Two members of staff are leading us through it but the Irish guards are playing OPFOR. This should be interesting!

• Members

I once bought a thermos flask made entirely from stainless steel. It cam with an "unlimited lifetime guarantee" ... which, as it turned out in the fine print, actually had two limitations:

1. No warranty replacements for damages from bears,
  2. ...or from playing children.

:cul:

Guest Killjoy
I must say children and AFVs are inevitably a bad mix.

Lots of "what does this do?" followed by either:

a. Child with cuts and bruises or

b. Piece of gear broken.

Who's a Child? :D

These sort of things are always 18+. Cant run the risk of some stupid kid pulling on something he shouldn't even thought he/she has been told not to on said object.

Plus we've been putting ourselves through some FIBUA training around the camp with the Royal Irish.

The Irish Guards usually just sit on their arse on base and do nothing except go to the Naffi or officers bar and drink!

And besides, wouldn't want the guards to get sluggish. Got to keep the skills sharp somehow! :)

Guest Killjoy
Oh sorry in our Cadets they are "retired" on their 18th birthday (main focus is school children and once they are 18 they can join the regular army / or reverse [or version of the TA]).

Works the same way with us but you can take a course to stay on as staff, senior NCOs or Adult officers.

We're all senior NCOs being lead by Adult Officers.

Ok, back to shooting holes in westerner armour! :D

The bluecoy Order Of Battle is here for you to see. As you can see, we will use custom Callsigns - you can familiarize with them now. The company callsign is "WALRUS", and so CO is "WALRUS 1", the XO "WALRUS 5" and the FO "WALRUS 7".

Additional info on platoons:

Command Platoon "Kilo" has the FO and his crew, played by Hedgehog, with BMP-1TJJ (no ATGM) and two 4-man FO teams to call in the artillery and mortar fires. Additionally the "Kilo 2" motocycle section of 4 bikes with light AT weapons is under the CO to scout ahead of the attacking company or to normal battlefield messanger duties. The bikes and XOs vehicle are played by the XO.

Alpha-Bravo-Charlie platoons are 3 x T-72M1, with the platoon leader having callsign "10" ("ten") and wingmen are "2" and "3".

Combat support platoon "Hotel", played by Kingtiger, is responsible for taking good care of the company, supplying the chow, ammo, medical and recovery support. This formation will usually be bolstered with units from battalion Combat Support Company if needed. They were so kind to actually give us our own ARV for the duration of the campaign, as they had one extra... what a coinsidence? Hotel has limited fighting ability, mostly for self defence, in form of the Quartermaseter's vehicle's 7,62mm AAMG, some light AT weapons carried by the dismounts from the same vehicle and the 12,7mm HMG in the ARV. The ARV was also fitted with plows so it can recover vehicles from minefields if needed...

For radio communications the company operates in one radio net, the command net A. All the platoons and units are on the same net to maximize situational awareness in the units. This also means the radio discipline needs to be quite good not to clog the net with unneeded chatter. Whisper is used inside vehicles for crew communication. The command net B is used mainly as a reserve channel for combat support conversations where you try to get Katie do stuff for you.

Here are also the platoon training missions to be played later on first by the O -group, then hopefully independently by the platoons, to get some T-72 action under their belts before diving into the unknown with the whole company. Go ahead and take a look. All missions have all platoons on map, so that players can hop in the correct one and if killed use the vehicles from other platoons for reinforcements. In each mission 2 losses on blue side will end the mission as a failure. FO can call in fires and in the MP training phase it will be Hedge doing it for each of the platoons =)... There is one defence mission, two quite difficult attack missions and the "final test of the platoon" in form of a more complicated attack mission...

PS. I will later on hand out the skin-pack for the campaign... hopefuly Wisent will also have a Finnish skin by then, if the template is made available ;)

56e83cb344570_T-72trainingmissions_zip.4

Kilo.jpg.022df3ecaf9b5dd36ae4087c018ae46

ABC.jpg.ff4783452b9387edaac716b6bef2469e

Hotel.jpg.3e7c4fed7b3ca6550b1ceb37e9544f

T-72 training missions.zip

Kilo.jpg.022df3ecaf9b5dd36ae4087c018ae46

ABC.jpg.ff4783452b9387edaac716b6bef2469e

Hotel.jpg.3e7c4fed7b3ca6550b1ceb37e9544f

New meat reporting in!

If there is room in Charlie platoon i'm in. I have been playing with Espi, Moka and Fragged (if that's the same guy i think he is) I get used to their smell so... :P

But now i gotta go practice. Only couple of weeks as a Beast owner so i need kertausta, kertausta, kertausta.... :D