The 2.620 COOP Campaign bulletin

Zipuli

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See you guys on TS this evening 1800 GMT. Scenario size will be depending on the number of people online! OPFOR guys also welcome. Tomorrow evening there will be a company exercise, so I hope as many as possible can attend!

This weekend will not kickstart the campaign missions yet, like said before. It's more about getting to know the unit, players, terrain... not forgetting having fun!

PS. Remember to press "V" :D

Sorry about the unstable connection this time... was using the "number 2" connection because of some things at my end, but for tomorrow I will be using the über connection of 100 mb, so everything should go smooth as Hedge's bottom!

Hope to see you all tomorrow!!! Maybe we do get past that pesky bridge then! :D

Again, thanks for showing interest in the campaign by showing up for the pre-campaign training, and tomorrow we'll rock the party!

And I was just queing up my first fire mission as well :(

Still I can watch Wales V France :)

See you guys tomorrow. :)

Sorry about the unstable connection this time... was using the "number 2" connection because of some things at my end, but for tomorrow I will be using the über connection of 100 mb, so everything should go smooth as Hedge's bottom!

Hope to see you all tomorrow!!! Maybe we do get past that pesky bridge then! :grin:

Again, thanks for showing interest in the campaign by showing up for the pre-campaign training, and tomorrow we'll rock the party!

Or Die Horribly with Gibsonm laughing maniacally as he steamrollers us into oblivion.

Here is the edited version of the scenario. D-load before joining to reduce lag. Red side SHOULD be fully controllable (tested once and worked OK). Though it should have been that yesterday as well... weird.

This scenario is sort of real training before the shit hits the fan, and conducted around the AOR we will be fighting in during the campaign, so if this goes nicely, I guess we'll be allright when the shooting war starts =)

56e83cb62e89e_T-72CompanyAttack(Teuroine

T-72 Company Attack (Teuroinen) V2.zip

Thanks you all for joining! Hope you had fun! It was a pleasant surprise how smoothly the co-operation worked inside the company, even with the fuzz in the end. In those situations it's quite normal to have a hassle going on, the coy just needs to be organized after such a contact... to see what's the status of units and to rearm, repair, reload etc.

All in all there were 20 players, thank you each and everyone! I will post info about the kick off of the campaign itself, hope to see you all there!!!

And a couple of pics:

1) bikes advancing to Taasia bridge with A platoon (Brun) following close by.

2) B and C platoons assaulting Teuroinen under C10 (LLev30_Superbus) after I had my tank engine broken in a... you guessed it, traffic accident :D

In the first scenario, the MG fires from the bridge area were awesome, with almost 10 MGs bounding the buildings!!

In the second one we managed better, though due to loss of FO teams we had no way of calling in the 27 (!) tubes :D... The close combat at Teuroinen was nice to watch, with tanks driving on dudes and TC HMGs popping stuff up, while Brun engaged the counterattacking T-62s! Wicked sight. Still can't believe we lost only 1 tank completely in that hassle!!!

SS_21_22_07.jpg.991de28797e6bd30fd3d5aaf

SS_21_56_58.jpg.9bbbfbec83bc03ac62edf2cf

SS_21_22_07.jpg.991de28797e6bd30fd3d5aaf

SS_21_56_58.jpg.9bbbfbec83bc03ac62edf2cf

It would be great if you could upload the AAR!

Yes if only so I can see Hedge cop it from Artillery fire (wasn't his own was it)?

Unfortunately dropped out of both sessions too early.

Tried "windowing" for the second attempt to avoid the TS channel shuffle issue but still no joy.

Will try via Hamachi next time.

This will be very important if I need to ask Zipuli to host the ADF battles like last time. :)

Don't know if Grenny has passed it on but he mentioned he lost all of his missiles from the dismounted AT-4 teams after firing one or two (i.e. not "lost" through firing).

Unsure if that was part of their initial load out (not carrying many) or some sort of bug where the system lost track of them.

Also our dismounted scouts from the BRDMs apparently had no ammunition at all (small arms, RPG, nothing) based on TacBat's reports.