The 2.620 COOP Campaign bulletin

Zipuli

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some bad news, I just got told today that I will be leaving on 13 Jan for Grafenwöhr, Germany and wont return until February. The person I'm replacing seems to not able to pay his bills and got his security clearance pulled. That means my campaign/scenario will have to be put on hold, but I will still keep fine tuning it. Sometime I like my job and some times I hate it, but at least it pays good.

Oh and its a division exercise and to tell you the truth don't know why I'm going on a division exercise I don't do nothing but read and sleep :)

We found the FIST-V sight head would sometimes go into a death spin and be unable to correct.

Unsure if this was nailed in 2.640.

So if you do go with it then may I suggest you park 2 or 3 off the side of the map and be prepared to swap them out during the course of the battle.

Second thought you may not be able to "swap out" due to no "Instructor Host" mode.

Not much in it.

Both Vehicles are completely defenceless.

(But I guess not having a .50cal, makes you concentrate on hiding.)

Or for that proper Soviet Equip Feel, a MTLB FO.

(But a MTLB FO isn't playable so may as well be a Standard MTLB (With MG) with a FO Dismount Squad.)

But considering the Lt Col's Suggestion I'd go with the M113FO.

It looks prettier. (and can swim IIRC)

So either a M113 FO or MTLB with FO Dismount.

(actually I'm going to run some tests. BRB)

Or maybe a BMP-1 with two FO teams?

Yeah that could work.

Depends what ammo loadout the BMP has.

My Ideal would be:

BMP-1TJ (Imagine Harder!) with an FO Team and an MG3 or M2HB Team for CP duty.

Basically I'm going to have to Stop & Dismount to Call in Fires, and I'm wary of this situation:

"Oh Crap! Spetznaz! And they have hatchets!"
I'd like to be able to rectify the situation thus:
"Killit! Killit! Killit! Killit! Killit!"

**Ripping Sound of MG3**

Any encouter with stronger enemy forces will be met with either:

A) Running away.

or

B) A liberal, judicious and entirely offensive amount of artillery fire being brought to bear on said enemy.

But only if Time Allows. (Ask Gibsonm :biggrin:)

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that, if we are going to run the Coop in the next six to eight weeks (which is likely), it does not appear as if I will be able to participate. A couple of new requirements will take up much of my time during that period, as well as items that are already on my calendar. I thought it best to advise Zip and our other players of this now, rather than hope to play and then having to withdraw much closer to the start date. I believe that there are other players who can step into a vacant position.

Best of luck to those who get to play the coop. I'll be interested to see how it unfolds.

Happy New Year to Everyone!

About that... Are the training sessions/missions taking place on weekends? And when can I expect first sessions to be played? I really want to participate in this campaign and I will make arrangements but as it happens I have obligations regarding my studies... I'm painfully busy in january to be precise.

But like I said, I will make arrangements where possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the weekend 28th-29th January good for the O-group? This would mean platoon leaders and their 2ICs, FO, QM?

This weekend would be for getting things started and then there would be time to train as platoons for a couple of weeks, before getting the coy up and running in mid February.