SB Pro PE 2.6x general information

Ssnake

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about leased Canadian Leo 2A6 providing overwatch as Canadian LAV III and MRAP (say an Engr vehicle) clear the TerraSim town?

Yes. Though we do not have the actual Can Leo 2A6. See what I mean. Thats why eSIM's choice of (art and players) models confuses me. We have a mix of everything. I understand its not perfect. I understand eSIM is a relative small company. They have to make choices. And ofcourse major military customers and defence industry have priority. Would love to see and hear more how (defence) customers have workarounds on making realistic scenarios.

• Members
I do have a question why eSIM puts in a model like MRAP in the next update.

Because someone threatened us with a truckload of money. Our hearts aren't made of stone.

But why Centurion?

Because we could, and because we love armor.

What realistic scenario can I create using the MRAP now? Shooting technical I guess...

...and Taliban taxis (motorbikes) while doing some target discrimination with other civilian vehicles. You have to see it in the context of an ongoing development, not as an end state. I concede that the MRAP as such isn't terribly useful except to investigate the difference between moving troops with unprotected vehicles, and with vehicles that offer some protection without being outright IFVs.

• Members
Yes. Though we do not have the actual Can Leo 2A6.

...but you do have a Leopardo 2E, which is a very reasonable stand-in. Okay, so it does have additional roof protection that may not be needed in Afghanistan, and it doesn't have the bar armor which may prevent the one or other mobility kill. But it's far from being an absurd combination.

Awesome! Who else uses the MRAP besides the U.S.? I'm curious where the "truckload of money" came from.

On another note, I'm also wondering if eSim has developed vehicles uniquely for military customers and aren't available to gamers.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving greeting. And Thank YOU!

Edited by Scrapper_511
Grammar streamlining

• Members
Awesome! Who else uses the MRAP besides the U.S.? I'm curious where the "truckload of money" came from.

I could imagine that.

Well, it was a very small RC truck, to be honest. And the truck ... may not have been present... ;)

On another note, I'm also wondering if eSim has developed vehicles uniquely for military customers and aren't available to gamers.

No.

Why would anybody pay out for asymmetric or multi spectrum op oriented vehicles, when SB Pro has no asymmetric abilities? Or has SB Pro so much more abilities than SB Pro PE that they can implement asymmetric scenarios?

You still are able to practice gunnery and movement with SB.

Also, you can simulate the "more intense" situations in an asysmetric scenario.

For many other things are some workarounds, using the civilian cars f.e.

STill hope that SB will have a true multy-party-capability in the future.

What may be delaying this, is Ssnake beeing a somewhat zealous perfectionist ;-)

• Members
Why would anybody pay out for asymmetric or multi spectrum op oriented vehicles, when SB Pro has no asymmetric abilities?

I say it again, you're looking at the state of SB Pro as is, not at these new elements as a trend indicator. Of course we could withhold them until everything is in place...

...but if you think about it, there already are a number of asymmetrical elements in SB Pro

- IEDs

- Civilian cars

- Civilian cars that can be filled with combatants

- Civilian cars that can report your positions ... and they all look the same

- you can penalize the player with score formulas for attacking the enemy in regions that are declared "off limits", both for direct and indirect fire

- you can mix military forces with civilian cars

So, admittedly we aren't yet even close to the desired end state, but it's not as if nothing changed with SB Pro in the last years. Admittedly, we had hoped to get there much quicker, too. Finally, keep in mind that SB Pro PE only contains the features which we consider mature, so the experimental versions may already have the one or other thing that I couldn't yet present to the general public.

Granted there are work arounds and enough inbuilt flexibility to get creative, a third side or civilian population would be a real move in that direction. I think a civilian population would have to be more than just another side it would have to have a dedicated theme and animation options. Anyhow I don’t want to start talking 2.7 just yet!

• Members

Well, I've seen a video of the BILL-2 demo where the launcher was mounted on the hatch ring of an M113. So technically it IS possible - provided that you have a proper mount for the launcher (which requires more than just a roll of duct tape and a can of WD40).

Edited by Ssnake