SB Pro PE 2.6x general information

Ssnake

Well not an official response but my understanding:

US$25 (or whatever the upgrade fee is)

Download the files from the home page here when the links are published.

You should be able to leapfrog the intervening upgrades / patches and go straight from 2.2.x (or whatever version you have) straight to 2.6.x without paying for all the intermediate versions.

No doubt Ssnake will be along soon with a definitive answer.

Enjoy your holiday. :)

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not an official response but my understanding:

US$25 (or whatever the upgrade fee is)

Download the files from the home page here when the links are published.

You should be able to leapfrog the intervening upgrades / patches and go straight from 2.2.x (or whatever version you have) straight to 2.6.x without paying for all the intermediate versions.

No doubt Ssnake will be along soon with a definitive answer.

Enjoy your holiday. :)

Thank you gentlemen!

Im bored to, how about you release the release notes now so I have something to read tonight? ;)

And show off to people considering SBProPE is to expensive! I recruited one believer today.. on the DCS forum. (Some potential to lend licenses out on that forum,and make them see it in action (even if they only get sprite infantry, until the new release))

• Members
The bradley, to be ready for the patch? lost me there. what makes the brad so important in connection with the patch? :confused:

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder - but in any case it is true that the Bradley too received a serious update (3D interior, several fixes in the fire control system).

I'm to stupid to get it to work, and too greedy, since I have only one... and learning the bradley to be ready for the patch :debile2:

Ah well as to the first, I refer you here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=15706

As to the second, sorry can't help.

As to the third I don't think its a major update, just the interior which might be important if you are into that aspect.

I will not publish incomplete release notes, and the beta test with the associated bug stomping isn't over yet.

I realise your policy is not promising or giving details.About updates and so fourth. till you can confirm. but at this stage with hopefully an imminent realise.A few details would be welcome.such as price and proposed release date.I don't think giving such information will be detrimental if for some reason you are unable to meet the deadline.from the positive reaction of the members of this forum.i don't think you would get a negative reaction if your posted the final release notes.and even if there were a delay with something on it. I for one. would Not worry to much about it.

I realise your policy is not promising or giving details.About updates and so fourth. till you can confirm. but at this stage with hopefully an imminent realise.A few details would be welcome.such as price and proposed release date.I don't think giving such information will be detrimental if for some reason you are unable to meet the deadline.from the positive reaction of the members of this forum.i don't think you would get a negative reaction if your posted the final release notes.and even if there were a delay with something on it. I for one. would Not worry to much about it.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Period_(punctuation)

• Members
but at this stage with hopefully an imminent realise.A few details would be welcome.such as price

I've stated several times now that the price will be the usual $25.-

and proposed release date.

December 2011, and "before Christmas". That narrows it down to the next three weeks. Before Thanksgiving we made another beta version. It may be the second-last one, or we may need to make another one before we make the final beta. And then there's always the rare possibility that the test team finds something really bad at the last minute. We wouldn't release it with a known major bug. We would instead delay the release until we have verified that the bug is gone for good.

If I would announce a date like, say, "Monday 5th" now and then we decided that we had to take an additional week, we'd have an avalanche of emails and forum posts who all ask whether the thing is late even for a few hours. I've been there, done that, and got the T-shirt to prove it - no, thanks but thanks.

I'm not going to risk that just to pacify today a few people who can't hold their horses. You can start the count down as soon as the release notes are being published, and the first RAR file is ready for download. One week advance warning for a $25.- investment is ample.