SB Pro PE 2.6x general information

Ssnake

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we attach the 3-d infantry to tanks or other vehicles like infantry is attached to the bradley for example ?

Well not quite sure what you mean but you can "customise" the load of an APC.

As Ssnake posted elsewhere in the Mission Planner:

- Put an APc / IFV on the map.

- Put the custom team nearby (say RBS-70)

- Unload the IFVs Infantry

- Delete the Infantry off the map

- Load the RBS-70 team.

Now the IFV will carry an RBS-70 team instead of an Infantry Squad / Section. So an Infantry Company's Support Section can now travel in a vehicle with the Coy, not need to be spawned at the next battle position.

You can't do the same things with tanks because tanks can't carry Infantry as passengers (I know you might have tank riders in RL, but it isn't modelled in SB Pro).

Can we attach the 3-d infantry to tanks or other vehicles like infantry is attached to the bradley for example ? This would add some more possibiltys for asymetrix or urban warfare without having to constantly manage the infantry.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. The troops could perform scouting for the tanks, like they do in their dismounted role for PC's.

If we could only get them to instruct a tank to target buildings with HEAT.

Thanks, by the way I also added some information to the challenger 2, such as some basic trivia on the sights, explaining the difference between the thermal sight and the daysight. Anyone who knows stuff about the chally, please correct my info if it needs correcting.