SB Pro PE 2.6x general information

Ssnake

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this vid of Polish Shilka's (ZSU-23-4MP models) training against ground targets. In short bursts it seems very effective:

The gunner normally fires them in bursts (2 to 3 rounds per barrel) to reduce ammunition expenditure and prolong barrel life.

The gunner normally fires them in bursts (2 to 3 rounds per barrel) to reduce ammunition expenditure and prolong barrel life.

And that is especially true to the towed ZU-23-2, which has only 100 rounds ready to fire, and changing the "cans" is a pretty lengthy process. I remember hearing a trainer mention that a two second burst should be the maximum.

But of course its a different animal entirely - the Shilka can get twice as many rounds airborne in that length of time, and I would suspect much more accurately. After all, it has all the advantages of the information age: integrated rangefinger (radar) and a non-mechanical fire control system. :biggrin:

There... now that was way more off topic than I wanted to get.