SB Pro PE 2.6x general information

Ssnake

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Actually, the Büffel is the BPz 3, and Kingtiger is right.

(The BPz 1 was an Americal model, (M48 based?))

No Apache yet. But the Tiger is now visibly armed, and shoots the hellfire missiles out to a max of eight Kilometers. The tactical capability is therefore nearly identical from a broad perspective, so it should make for a reasonable substitute for the moment.

• Members

Well, it was a bizarre misunderstanding. The Danes wanted the Buffalo, but in one requirements paper it read "Wisent" (which is a buffalo sub-species (maybe the Danish word for Buffalo?) - but also the codename for the BPz2). By the time we realized that we were talking about different vehicles Dejawolf had already finished it in a move, which, I think, the German communists called "die normative Kraft des Faktischen" (the norm-setting power of the factual).

I guess you have to be European to really appreciate all the Leopard stuff and the Ber…Bergee…berr….Bergypan…that Bergy thing!! So are we going to see a video of the new crewable CR2, flanked by Worriers? Maybe Brit troops?? Or is the CR2 still an odd lonely misfit? Still waiting for the glorious news that we have universal transport including helos?

• Members
So are we going to see a video of the new crewable CR2

You will.

Still waiting for the glorious news that we have universal transport including helos?

Didn't I confirm that already?

Yes, you have universal transport, including helicopters. Yes, you can unload troops in the mission editor from their IFVs, edit their equipment, and put them back into the vehicles again.

:)

• Members
Will the recovery vehicles be limited to their weight class?

No. Both the M88A1 and BPz2 would be insufficient for the heaviest tanks in SB Pro at the moment, so we don't limit their capabilities right now. Should we get to the point that we actually HAVE the M88A2 and the BPz3 "Buffalo", who knows...

Nice changes to the map editor. I like the auto save feature and the ability to set a predetermined save event. The improved layout for objects and the creation of a palette system (and the addition of some new objects!) is most welcome. Looking forward to more information being released in the mission/map editor department of the upcoming upgrade.

Nice changes to the map editor. I like the auto save feature and the ability to set a predetermined save event. The improved layout for objects and the creation of a palette system (and the addition of some new objects!) is most welcome. Looking forward to more information being released in the mission/map editor department of the upcoming upgrade.

Ok, I'm lost where is this changes to the map editor? never mine I see it now, looked at SB Gallery.

Does the autosave generate several file versions or just overwrite?

E.g. if set to every 10 minutes are there 6 files to cover an hours work or just one?

The multiple file approach lets you "roll back" to an earlier copy if you need to, but also requires manual "housekeeping" to remove files that become redundant.

• Administrators

There's also source control systems you can use to create several rollback options. Check out cvs or perforce. But they will add additional clicking to your workflow.

Does the autosave generate several file versions or just overwrite?

E.g. if set to every 10 minutes are there 6 files to cover an hours work or just one?

The multiple file approach lets you "roll back" to an earlier copy if you need to, but also requires manual "housekeeping" to remove files that become redundant.

I like the new road signs shown in the gallery:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/sbgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=17162

However, as they will be close to the lanes can vehicles safely drive close by them without the AI taking those wild detours?

The map editor changes look great. Do we now have multiple selection too? For example, if I want to move a housing complex can I drag a 'range' tool around all the buildings and objects and move them as one?