Map Bug/corruption issue

Hedgehog

• Moderators

Yes, upload the theme and the map file please.

As for all those missing armor resource files, that is normal. Many things in SB do not have ARM resource files because they don't need them. There is however one object in a theme you are using that seems to be bad and this is getting perpetuated when you load the theme onto other maps.

There you go.

The Theme that I suspect is causing this agro is probably "TD Woodland Hedge Tiberium Early_ver_1.1.thm" (Its this One I opened when it all started.)

And "TD Temperate Early Existing Maps.thm" is another that is Fubar'd I believe.

I've included the 2 maps that I which I want to use and I know are corrupted.

I shall now go and Purge My Maps Folder.......

Themes_zip.3428f113717053f00c4a50d53a444

Maps_zip.7383e505f2e5dc0bbfa19f7a0d77f82

Themes.zip

Maps.zip

• 1 month later...

Update:

I have a suspicion about the "Pick Map" and "Replace Map" Options in the Mission Editor its corrupting files (Again)

Steps:

1.) Loaded Mantueffel's Hannover map (Latest Release)

2.) Picked an area to play over

3.) Tried to reajust the area over which to play using the Replace Map Option.

Result: Black box didn't appear.

4.) Repeated step 3 with Pick Map

4.) Started a New Mission

5.) Opened Map in Step 1.

Result: SB Loads "Blank" terrain (Pancake_flat .ter) and mission: Untitled

Also appears when SB is in this state it breaks any file subsequently opened in the same session (Not too fond of exploring this "Feature" and wiping everything in my Scenarios folder)

Yay, Bug Reporting at home, I do enough of this at work.

The Error Log tells me Jack in plain English (which is actually rather nice, better than some obscure code.)

Unless its something to do with strings.

Steel Beasts Log File v2.552000

----------------------

READING STRING FILE:..\loc\English (US)\pstrings.txt

unknown string:STRING_BREACHTO

Done reading string file.

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 10000a1 ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 5f ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = df ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 1040089 ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 104009f ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 1040097 ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 104006e ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 104008b ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 104006f ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 104006d ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 1040086 ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 1040088 ####

#### Missing armor resource. TypeID = 104006c ####

Error loading height map: Hannover_Germany.raw

Could not load height map Hannover_Germany.raw

Error reading scenario file!

Error loading height map: Hannover_Germany.raw

Could not load height map Hannover_Germany.raw

Error loading height map: Fulda Gap.raw

Could not load height map Fulda Gap.raw

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I have encountered this corruption issue again on a different PC

(my old Multiplayer one).

Only this time I have just opened the Scenario file and it has gone wrong.

File that is affected is flat.hgt straight off the install.

(Only Mods done are sound mods)

Anyway I now require a flat.hgt file

(Does anyone know where this is readily avaliable?)

(This issue is really making me loathe to create scenarios for fear of corruption.)

I might have a related problem with mission editor.

I am editing an existing map. Saved it with another name. I can always open it without problem. But sometimes the F1 view refuses to load. After restarting SB I can use it again. This happens often. Any ideas? Thank you.

• Members

The problem is that the preview make a function call which needs 150 MByte of unfragmented RAM. Depending on how many other programs you have open and how many documents you opened and closed it may happen that the RAM space is broken into segments which may be smaller than 150MByte. In that case the preview won't show stuff. Closing a few other applications may help - if not, logging off and logging back on should do the trick.

The problem is that the preview make a function call which needs 150 MByte of unfragmented RAM. Depending on how many other programs you have open and how many documents you opened and closed it may happen that the RAM space is broken into segments which may be smaller than 150MByte. In that case the preview won't show stuff. Closing a few other applications may help - if not, logging off and logging back on should do the trick.

I am not running any other applications/documents in the background. Could it be that switching to F1 preview often would be the case? Would it make a difference if I use map editor in windows mode? Perhaps turning off AA and AF? Restarting SB is a workaround for me now.

Running Vista/64 6GB ram right now. Planning this spring for new puter with Win7/64 and 8GB ram.

I start using less frequent F1 view.

I'm introducing some small river with bridges too in the map I am editing. If anyone knows, how can I make the river a little deeper in an existing map? Is this possible?

I already had a road, dropped in the bridge. Can I delete a part of an existing road? Or need I select and delete it, wich I do not prefer as its a long road with already many objects facing it. I dont like the road going down into the river (see picture).

SBProPE.73.jpg

Try grabbing that end of it and shorten it up to your liking.

Thanks Tacbat but its a road that goes from north to south half way the map. ;)

Meanwhile I replaced the metal bridge with the new slighty curved stone brigde. And has the same roadtextures too. Looks even better. And road going into the river...cant see it anymore. "Problem" solved. :)

Tested the bridge with some computer controlled armor. Works great! Me happy :)

Use the "Bridge roads" function which will split the road at water and add a stone bridge. You can then change the bridge type after.

To make the bridge sit higher go to its end points at look at the height. Find a point nearby where its higher elevation and find a point of matching altitude for the other end of the bridge. Then adjust your road to match.

• Moderators
Use the "Bridge roads" function which will split the road at water and add a stone bridge. You can then change the bridge type after.

To make the bridge sit higher go to its end points at look at the height. Find a point nearby where its higher elevation and find a point of matching altitude for the other end of the bridge. Then adjust your road to match.

Yes, good point: "bridge roads" is just an initial operation on the bridge, just to make it less of a hassle to create the bridge itself.

Every now and then the feature will bridge the road perfectly, but this usually happens only when the bridge is not on a diagonal, or in rough terrain. It is always best to go back and inspect each bridge, then manually adjust them as necessary.