No M1A1 love in the update?

Pigmachine

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the M1 interior: why isn't the gunner's first person or "eye view" modeled in SB Pro? It was modeled in SB1.
It's still on the to-do list. It's good to get a nudge about it. I'll try to put it back on the agenda.
Thanks! :luxhello:
Whoa, it's not done yet.

You toy with me. Was sonst noch haben Sie aus Ihre Ärmel zu schütteln!? :)

Edited by SeanPatrick

• Members
You toy with me.

I don't. At the time of the original question, September 15, it wasn't implemented. Admittedly the responsible programmer prepared it "behind my back" and was nearly done with it when you brought it up, and I gave it a bump on the agenda, and was a bit surprised myself. Positively, of course. :)

I concede however that I didn't come back to the thread screaming "It's done! It's done!"

Admit it: You like positive surprises like everybody else.

Well as it cuts from and external view of an M1A1 (no CITV or bulging fume evacuator) and its set as a "73 Easting" look a like, I'd say its a M1A1. :)

Ah. I am no expert on those subtle little things, please bear with me.

Well, that replaces one cockpit with another cockpit - for the same older tank. My decision would have been to invest that time into the more modern Abram's cockpit, to close up to the Leopard-players.

Don't start any rumors now! :biggrin: But seriously, and despite my fervent wish otherwise, that's definitely an 'A1 gunner's hole. And it's an old one too, with the rotary ammo selection and thermal magnification switches.

You are right about the thermal magnification switches, but the M1A1 SA does have the rotary ammo selection switch still. Maybe one day we will see these vehicles in steelbeasts ( M1A1 SA and the M1A2 SEP ) but I believe the military customers come first. But Im sure when Esim will have some free time they would hopefully spend that time programming these vehicles. I hope keeping my fingers crossed

• Members
Will you be recording some British voices for the Chally?

We haven't for version 2.6, but of course we'd be interested in a group of British voice actors to work on a localization package (just like we invite all French players to do that, or an eventual group from other languages (Polish, Russian, Greek, ...)).

We haven't for version 2.6, but of course we'd be interested in a group of British voice actors to work on a localization package (just like we invite all French players to do that, or an eventual group from other languages (Polish, Russian, Greek, ...)).

Where do I sign up?

:)

What about regional accents.you will need to speak BBC english.Ha

**Affects a Pathe newsreel accent**

"Today the British 1st Armoured Division utterly vanquished the Iraq Republican Gaurd forces around the 73 easting area of Iraq. Destruction was total! One Iraqi commander was quoted as saying "after 20mins of combat I had no tanks left." In other News John Major's time in in office so far is not going well."

Do I pass the interview?

:biggrin: