gunnery problems

flashpointalpha

Im having 2 issues with this game.

In the gunner range, when a distant target on the horizon is traveling horizontal, it almost always tends to grossly underestimate the range, no mater if i lase high on the target or low, its off by almost half. it never happens for head on or targets below the horizon.

second, why does it move like its on elastic bands sometimes? ill move the mouse smoothly, but when i stop the turret swings wildley past the mouse, the back to the other direction, then back and fourth over and over making aiming impossible unless you move the mouse again alittle and let it settle... eating up alot of time!

ive unplugged all otehr joysticks/controllers and tried reinstalling the mouse drivers etc.

• Administrators

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong on the first thing (but you could try changing the lasing mode), but on the second you need to dump lead after lasing and shooting. I would do all the tutorials on whatever vehicle you are in. I would guess its the M1.

the leads never off, actually its almost rather bullseye accurate... only the range. ive noticed its at ranges of about 3k on and only when they are on the horizon more or less, and travelling abeam to me... it almost always enters a range of 1500-2000 when it should be double that! the lead always seems to be accurate for the range though...

but the bouncing reticle SUCKS. im aware of the override function, but thats not what im talking about. its hard to describe, i wish i coudl record it so you could see what im talking about! its like 1/5 targets at a time... everythings perfect and its 1 shot 1 kill... then all of the sudden it goes apeshit drunk on me!

For the lase issue: (and with the given that you are shooting an M1-series)

- have you tried switching the laser return? (~key) It sounds a lot like you are getting "spill over" but the LRF return is incorrect.

For the lead issue:

- I've found it's a fundamental choice of shooting styles between the Leo-style "fixed crosshair" and the M1 "floating crosshair." As Sean points out: I would highly suspect you aren't dumping lead between range finding. The result is usually a "chasing the crosshair" instead of "taming the crosshair." :)

• Members

I agree, it sounds like an issue withj laser range measurement and (not paying attention to) the gunnery tutorials (dumping the lead).

Steel Beasts performs a five-spot check of the laser beam within its dispersion cone, and depending on your setting, the fire control computer will either use the shortest or longest distance measured from either of these five points, or switch to the battlesight range if the laser return range is outside the accepted limitations of the ballistic computer (under 200m, or over 3990m).