Battle for Hünfeld Scenario

JohnO

My wife's father pass away and we're flying into Düsseldorf then drive south to Müllenbach, about an hour drive. The funeral is on Aug 28, and then sign a bunch of papers. Out of all this, was told by Sabine that the house will belong to her. I'm planning on retiring next year and may move to Germany to stay, not sure of this yet. The only problem will be the kids will have to fly to see us :sad:

Well, at least they will want to spend time with you.

If they are just down the street they will be like "Meh, Dad's just round the block, I'll go see him tomorrow."

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahem...ehrm...hmpf...eh...yes. I think to figure out 900 sq km needs a few days.

But everything I could see in the May and now August version so far... wow. :eek2:

Let´s see if I have the time for a few "action" screenshots at remarkable positions.

So this map reflects “now” or back when the Cold War was on (say early - mid 80’s)?

This is no way an adverse comment on the massive (seek treatment now) amount of work you have done.

Just that if it is the world “now” and people want to use it for mid 80’s then I guess the gaps between the towns would be larger and there may well have been more manoeuvre options than the more “cluttered” map of today.

As a member of UKArmour excellent work on the towns Sir,

As a member of SVU, I can see a lot of are mech inf deployed to capture them. LoL

As Comrade General Markovskievitch you mean?

Our Glorious & Esteemed Leader of the 1 Markovskievitch's Shock Guards Battalion?

Yeah I reckon those towns are going to be a complete bugger to invade/liberate. :)

Nice Work Eisenschwein, I can't wait to blow it all up! :biggrin:

So this map reflects “now” or back when the Cold War was on (say early - mid 80’s)?

I think Eisen´s map (and surely does mine) represents the actual state.

If you have high res satellite pictures from the Fulda area in mid 80´s... and additional 1-2 years -> hand it over please :biggrin:

But the former intra german border will be integrated. You still can see the border area on sat pictures and it´s simply the border between the federal states of Thuringia, Hesse and Bavaria

As Falli said, it is the actual google Maps Status Quo of the area, but if you compare the Mid 80´s made Map from NVA (include in the Package) and the google Map Satelite Photos and the SB Map you will find only small difference.

The most People in Germany want to live where they work, so they flee from the Country Side to the big City´s.

So you see the most remarkable changes in the Area of HÜNFELD.

So the Map is a bit of Fiction and the Fiction is what would it look like if we haven´t have Glasnost and Perestroika and "The Wall" still stand in the Heart of Germany....

For Example and for comparison Hünfeld:

SS_07_36_40.jpg.d6a7dcfd4460d1e82e8d9c1c

Detail_HUENFELD.jpg.2f7f5b13cc829e771200

SS_07_36_40.jpg.d6a7dcfd4460d1e82e8d9c1c

Detail_HUENFELD.jpg.2f7f5b13cc829e771200

Ok, dont have any maps of the area just north of Fulda at home.. but i think i can get hold of one :-) Dont know if i can get a 50k one thou, but i will try.

Comrade Prof, you are under arrest.

For revealing confidential information to the enemy

You will of course have a fair trial lasting all of five minutes, then we will shoot you.LoL

Sorry my fault, it end´s 12 Km north of Fulda at MACKENZELL... !

But it is still Falli´s Map ;)

But this Map should be very useful for Marko and his Men to overrun everything ;)

What is the time frame for Falli's map to be release or will it get release with 3.0?

After the successful test of Eisen´s map, I´ll work on my map again (as far as I come until 3.0 release)

Unfortunately my map is already supposed to work with PE 3.0, exspecially when considering the new bridge function. This is absolutely necessary, otherwise complete valleys will be cut off by large bridges all over the map.

Yes, German secondary mountains have a lot of valleys :tongue:

If it will work with 3.0 and all of its changes has to be tested first.

Due to the extreme grade of details (Eisen´s map is very similar) also a performance test has to be done.

After the successful test of Eisen´s map, I´ll work on my map again (as far as I come until 3.0 release)

Unfortunately my map is already supposed to work with PE 3.0, exspecially when considering the new bridge function. This is absolutely necessary, otherwise complete valleys will be cut off by large bridges all over the map.

Yes, German secondary mountains have a lot of valleys :tongue:

If it will work with 3.0 and all of its changes has to be tested first.

Due to the extreme grade of details (Eisen´s map is very similar) also a performance test has to be done.

If you need help with the performance test, let me know and I will.