Battle for Hünfeld Scenario

JohnO

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little WIP and whats going on around Hünfeld:

While I'm here at Ft Drum, NY testing/evalation of 1st Brigade, Have you did anymore to the map?

Have you started towards the east?

Because of my work, I haven't done much to the map, the good news is I will have the whole month of April to start working on it again before heading to Ft Mcoy in May. Although, I may wait until you fnish the map because both can't work on the same map.

JohnO

Sorry, nothing New to the east. That will be the next Step.

Now ready is the Terrain between Autobahn an Haune River.

I also work a little with the Skins for the Roads and Trails.

New Signs, Skins for Houses and Roads are in the rar, feel free to have a look at it.

But all ist still W I P ;-)

Will do, thanks. Looks like I will be back to Germany same area as last time, testing 2SCR in March after two months in Hawaii :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for taking so long with the "Battle for Hünfeld" scenario. I've been busy at work traveling to different army post and just finished moving to a larger apartment. One of my bedrooms is my game room and once I get it setup will get back to work on the scenario.

Here´s a little WIP from the East Side of the Map.

It takes more Time I scheduled and now we have the Soccer Championship in Europe, so Time is short.

Rasdorf and the so called "Hessisches Kegelspiel".

attachment.php?attachmentid=10218&stc=1&d=1339600667

In the Moment I work on GRÜSSELBACH and GROßENTAFT and the Streets and Rivers in that Area.

I also build a Sce. in the western Area of the Map, but Time is short .......

SS_17_13_05.jpg.6d1c891439c8286195b3de6b

SS_17_12_21.jpg.7974c3355e61b40e01b03ec6

SS_17_11_10.jpg.8014adaea9cb1d0b3ed1fedc

SS_17_09_37.jpg.93d03382c2454b16ec8de5fb

SS_17_13_05.jpg.6d1c891439c8286195b3de6b

SS_17_12_21.jpg.7974c3355e61b40e01b03ec6

SS_17_11_10.jpg.8014adaea9cb1d0b3ed1fedc

SS_17_09_37.jpg.93d03382c2454b16ec8de5fb

• Members
And we ordinary mortals reap the benefit for nothinng. :)

Write feedback about maps and scenarios. Be specific in what you liked and what you didn't (and try to be fair and balanced). This is a key motivation for anyone doing creative work - appreciation by the community. So, show it.

Play missions. Take notes during the AAR what was good and what didn't work out. Write up a summary. Post it in the comments of the download section, and if some points warrant discussion, post it here in a separate thread (starting with a download link to the scenario in question, where possible).

It isn't THAT much more work, yet it means a lot to the mission designers and map makers. Most importantly, it keeps them making more.

;)

OK Snake. As a relative newbie I don't really feel qualified to make criticisms at this stage. I have never played a scenario where I've thought 'Oh, that's not very realistic/feasible/sensible'. When things have go wrong I tend to assume it's down to my own inexperience.

But I will certainly try and provide encouraging feedback whenever possible. :) My post was an attempt to do that.

OK. There are several scenarios that UK Armour uses as training exercises because it it possible to use elements of them to train in certain disciplines such as Mech Inf ops, while ignoring the overall aim. Routing the eny inf out of the town en-route to the main objective in Austrian Fire Brigade is a good example, as is the using only the ASLAV part of the mission to deal with eny inf more open countryside in Safe House Rescue. (Which I'm sure will horrify the purists - but it works for us).

What's the best way to convey my compliments to these - and other - designers please?