Battle for Hünfeld Scenario

JohnO

I'm in a pickle guys :redface: I lost my password for the red side because I'm going back to work on my scenario. Can Ssnake or anybody tell me how to retrieve the password? I hate to start all over again. Hell Ssnake I can send the scenario file so that you can get the password if that is possible.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I went through the entire Hunfeld Map tread and must say that this project is truly very interesting and results are quite spectacular. But I also appreciate how much work and time has to be put to it. I like very much how the towns and villages are made.They look very much like RL settlements and not loosely spread buildings on the empty area. I was disappointed to hear that extra congestion of the 3d objects may cause AI units to get bogged. Please post more shots (with summer colors).

Thx for the kind word´s.

I´m just detailing GO great work.

He made the original Map with the Tools of SB 1, so the Map is great but the detailing isn´t that good. Here I start and it´s a sh..load of work.

For me it´s a Time to relax, have a Drink smoke a Cigarette and set one House after the Other, turn it, set a Garage aside or make a Borderline with Signs and Light poles... and learn a lot of the Area.

Crazy? Yes! And I love it !!

At the Moment I´m just working with Autumn, but it´s easy to change that if the Map is done.

Thank you for reply. Again I must stress on the way you handle the towns and villages. They are well done. I do not know how things are being created in SB Pro, but I hear that there is no even way to import of the background map or satellite photo and based on that make the positioning of the models on the map. So I assume that the only way is to print something and methodically place building by building by hand. This is very laborious procedure indeed.

I would like to share some article on from the net how the farmhouses should be placed and grouped in regards to other buildings on the farm. Here:

http://fuzzycookie.hubpages.com/hub/Grouping-and-Layout-of-Farm-buildings-in-Countryside

I think some read and following examples may make farms even more realistic.

However, nothing btter than just placing good and properly scaled Google Earth sat photo in the background of the map and copy/paste models according to true to RL layouts and positioning.

Although I keep stating that I'm working on my "Battle for Hünfeld" scenario and hoping that Eisenchwein soon finish that remake on the Hünfield map :) because it is very good detail on the towns and villages.

The question I have is what camouflaged would the Soviet vehicles be for winter and in fact what would it be for the NATO vehicles. When I was station in Germany we kept the same type of camouflaged on the vehicles no matter what the session was.

Another question what theme would be the best for winter? I'm looking at Realism_Woodland_(snow-light) and too me it looks ok.

• 2 weeks later...
When I was station in Germany we kept the same type of camouflaged on the vehicles no matter what the session was.

Looks like you answered your own question there. :biggrin: But seriously, the Germans would probably white-wash their vehicles, so the stock textures there. Any US forces would probably not, but that decision would come from Brigade or Battalion based on METT-T, so its your choice. As for the Russians, it depends on whether they think the entire campaign could be completed during the winter, but since the final decision would be made by the Division or Regimental commander based on the tactical situation, again its your choice.

Thank you. Very, very nice.

It is slow process and takes lots of time to make it look real, but it does look very good. And this is perhaps one way graphic improvement many users are anxious to see, making improving maps. It does not require any new 3d models, shaders or textures, but quite a lot of time and work. Not that i do not want better and newer models, shaders, textures or effects here, but after I tried this map upgrading on the much smaller scale I saw/experienced the difference in the gameplay right away.

Edited by Polak

Short Break for scripting something for the LNoT.

Here is a little Preview with Skins (Houses, Signs and Streets) 2 Sce. Files with the Names of the Towns, Villages and Locations and the new Map (65% done).

It´s ~ 11 MB and not as an Installer, as is planed for the Final Version.

I hope you like it !!

-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tryc4viokauhfdr/Huenfeld2012.rar <-

SS_18_29_35.jpg.aab3418dd06d7ff96e59df68

SS_18_29_35.jpg.aab3418dd06d7ff96e59df68