Battle for Hünfeld Scenario

JohnO

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A short Video

Marbach to Rückers

Sorry for the low Quality, all other needs to much uploadtime.......

I like the way you place the buildings closer to each other instead of having them space so far apart. The towns that you drove by looks like towns now :)

I'll dig out the map we used for ADF #2 that may help too.

Update:

Link to previously uploaded file:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=15213

The building density around GS 5782 was reaching the workable limits for 2.5x MP (started to see hover tanks and other weirdness). You may want to adjust the time to see things more clearly.

2.640 may be better.

Edited by Gibsonm

I'll dig out the map we used for ADF #2 that may help too.

Update:

Link to previously uploaded file:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=15213

The building density around GS 5782 was reaching the workable limits for 2.5x MP (started to see hover tanks and other weirdness). You may want to adjust the time to see things more clearly.

2.640 may be better.

Mark, I tried to open the sce and it stated I'm missing the hgt map for it. Could you place it in your dropbox for me.

Thanks

Not sure what area that is in the old Haune Valley map but here is what I've been doing. Still need to add small parts to the towns, fields. I didn't want to release it yet so will name it v1.0 for now. Still need to add the roads and some towns on the southeast of the map.

Edit: Now I see down by Hünfeld.

56e83cb4b0f78_Hnfeld_v1.0_rar.420f0aa953

Hünfeld_v1.0.rar

Jep. that´s the good old Haune Valley Map from GO.

But it is SB 1 Standard, not bad but to crude (? sorry for the bad english)!

If you compare the Map with Google Maps you will see the differences:

- Too much Bridges

- Too much Rivers, where are only small streams

- Selection of Houses is very limited

- A lot of Roads and Ways are missing

- No Landmarks, needed for orientation

a.s.o.

Don´t get me wrong, it´s one of my favorite Maps for Years, but it need a update.

That´s what I´m doing.

Somethink to compare:

Sargenzell the real deal from Google:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9817&stc=1&d=1327231393

GarryOwen, or Your Map:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9818&stc=1&d=1327231512

My WIP:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9819&stc=1&d=1327231627

Good thing is, GO Map is that accurate, that detailing the Map did not affect older Scenarios (just a little detailing the Red Routes) after update them.

BUT, it´s still a shitload of work to do :=(

Google.jpg.ad41275402288d26d1b3e3b9af6e6

SS_12_07_43.jpg.02295d8a8636ba8d5b223485

SS_12_10_19.jpg.c60cb77c49ee62e828016e36

Google.jpg.ad41275402288d26d1b3e3b9af6e6

SS_12_07_43.jpg.02295d8a8636ba8d5b223485

SS_12_10_19.jpg.c60cb77c49ee62e828016e36

That's why I asked about how much detail should go into a map on another thread. I was thinking about that issue on too many rivers when it shows only streams on Google maps.

My "Battle for Hünfeld" scenario is mostly on the east side of the map.

2nd Map seems to be very accurate (military Map?), but much to small (hey man, I´m a old Guy ;-) can´t see anything )

and to old....

As said: Write your Sce. and update the Map later...

Sorry, here is one of the maps to look at. Seems the other is to large even when compress. These maps and pictures I got from GO.

Untitled-2_rar.dcaa045be6f25f79c123be424

Untitled-2.rar

• 3 weeks later...

John O. What's the hold up? I created a theme to represent Wyoming, North Korea and Western Europe. I used height maps to build the Fulda Gap and the Salisbury Plain, with custom German hedges, the autobahn and hanging gardens. I skinnned the entire Bundeswer, US Army and CGF for a hypothetical World War III scenario in 1985 ( to include the Czech's, East Germans and Pol's). I played the solitaire campaign I made, until a Nuke dropped or the French interveined. I got bored so I updated the campaign to include odd numbered years from 1983 to 1991. I then played these 5 campaign's, all while waiting for your Fulda Gap scenario. BTW NATO won 3-2.

John O. What's the hold up? I created a theme to represent Wyoming, North Korea and Western Europe. I used height maps to build the Fulda Gap and the Salisbury Plain, with custom German hedges, the autobahn and hanging gardens. I skinnned the entire Bundeswer, US Army and CGF for a hypothetical World War III scenario in 1985 ( to include the Czech's, East Germans and Pol's). I played the solitaire campaign I made, until a Nuke dropped or the French interveined. I got bored so I updated the campaign to include odd numbered years from 1983 to 1991. I then played these 5 campaign's, all while waiting for your Fulda Gap scenario. BTW NATO won 3-2.

And all of this cool content is where, exactly? :biggrin: All I've seen are some hyper detailed (but still very cool) skins...

And all of this cool content is where, exactly? :biggrin: All I've seen are some hyper detailed (but still very cool) skins...

It's all on my HD, to be released immediatly when the M3A1 and M2A1 or M2A0and M3A0 are released on the next update. See it wouldn't be proper to have all those scenarios with friggin M2A2's and A3's.