Problem with skins

Redaspect

I have downloaded skins for Leopard 2A4 and CV9040B and put them in folder: mods/textures/woodland.

Problem is, the skins are shown only when I'm in the commander's position and looking out of the hatch. And even then only my own tank looks right. Every other tank in my platoon uses the default skin and so does mine when I'm in external view. Am I doing something wrong? I followed RogueSnake79's guide to the letter.

I'm using the following skins: http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/281/p13_fileid/1295for CV and http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/277/p13_fileid/975 for Leo. Wasn't thinking about versions at all so that could be it.

I've tested them on combat practice (both) and platoon recon (Leopard) scenarios. I assume they are woodland scenarios?

My SB is version 2.538

Being the novice tanker that I am, I forgot to check for updates after getting and installing my SB. Kinda assumed that I'm up to date, a fault at my part.

Do I need to upgrade my (codemeter) license or do I just download and install the update?

EDIT: So updating to 2.552 does not need updating license since I already have a 2.5 license? And when 2.6 comes out I will update my license since my current license will be outdated?

The mods you downloaded are 4 or more years older than the version you currently have.There have been a few changes to some models and a change in the used file format since then.

Try to keep the mods you download newer than 2009.

..... are you on blue or red side?.

When it comes to skins...are you not always using the "Blue" skins regardless of what side you picked in a scenario?

If so, wouldn't have made sense to call the Red Mod folder "OPFOR"?

You did read the readme file Right! Pay close attention to the paragraph that begins with To Install. Those skins should work, I think the problem is you need to name the skin you want to use to one the sim will recognize. When In doubt go to the readme file: CZ Finnish CV90 Pack v.1.0

25th March 2007

This pack contains 10 skins, half of whitch are with Finnish markings and the other half are without them:

-Dusty

-Muddy

-Winter (with snow)

-Winter 2 (no snow)

-Nets (with camo netting attached)

+2 Track files

-track without rubber pads as in Finnish vehicles

-track with rubber pads (MADE BY KINGTIGER!)

To install copy the skin you wish to your "MODS" -folder and remove anything that comes after "CV9040B" in

the file name (example: CV9040B_DustyFIN -> CV9040B). If you wish to use KT's tracks with rubber pads, just

remove the "_PAD" and put in correct folder!

Thanks to KINGTIGER for the optional track-file and the TC's hatch interior which is from his CV9040 -skin.

And thanks for the feedback man!

CZ Studios

If you still have problems PM me and I will convert the ones you want to use to dds files and send them to you.

Also a good idea to download an BMP to DDS converter as the dds files load much faster because of their compression.Try these and see if they work.

56e83caa136ce_cv9040Bwoodlandandwinter_z

cv9040B woodland and winter.zip

Edited by congo

The skin you provided works just fine! So basically that means that the skins I tried to use were obsolete. Thank you so much!

Not really obsolete but with the many upgrades to the various models in SBPE throughout its life, when the model is reworked the UV map also needs to be reworked as more polygons are added. Open the dds file for the Leo I sent you and the one you were trying to use and you will see differences but the single most important item that determines if the file is usuable in the version you are using is the file name. I believe the older leo skin was leo2A4 and the new one was leopard2A4. I guess this is necessary for folks who dont upgrade. The same holds true for the Abrams and the M2 also the T-72M1. When you upgrade it is a good idea to look at the in game models ( these are not editable) and then look at the skins so you have an idea of the naming convention that they are using. You just need a dds viewer or suitable photo editing program to do this. The game will be your model viewer. I think all the newer additions to the site have the version listed with the skin. Usually in Parens such as (2.552) or (2.238) that tells you what version the skin was developed from. In some cases like the Spanish packs I did the VAMTAC I did uses the M1025 model and the skin is still named as such I just changed some graphical details of the dds file. If you decide to edit or tinker with the skin files just be aware that some use an alpha layer such as the track files. And you need to know this when saving your edited skin file. Vehicle decals use an alpha layer. The alpha layer is a way of imparting invisibility to parts of the graphic overlay or skin. Trees, shrubs, and grass are another good example of dds files using an alpha channel.

Edited by congo