Bn size battle, who is up for one?

Grenny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I should have raised in our chat.

Its "housekeeping" related so should give any tactical information away.

If you have any M901 ITV or M981 FISTV in the mix, you may want to have 2 or 3 "spares" of each (off map, not involved).

I've found that sometimes these just stop working (the raised sight mount just starts spinning and can't be recovered).

Easiest fix, move the crock off the map, swap with a good "spare" and then give the spare to the player to carry on.

And then we stick an "arm indicator" into the mix and it gets really interesting! :) :)

Anyone for a "standard NATO callsign" template?? And no, I am NOT volunteering!! :biggrin:

To make it more correct, I suggest we use each countrys C/S template :)

we have the "apply if" to use so each Coy can get different C/S structure :)

To make it more correct, I suggest we use each countrys C/S template :)

we have the "apply if" to use so each Coy can get different C/S structure :)

Yes we discussed this "last night" (1100 ish for him, 2000 ish for me). :)

I think the upshot was to leave it alone otherwise we'd spend longer explaining the call signs than fighting the Soviets. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Yes...I think we leave it with US callsigns.

If you'd use 4 different callsign systems in one TF...S6 would have a nervous breakdown :-P

Guys it's real easy.

Post the SOI's (signals Operation Instructions)

All units with their callsigns. Then we print them out and place next to our pc to take a look at when calling up the chain or across the units. We can all get used to this procedure in a short time, next year at this time it will be second nature for us...simple:shocked:

Actually its Grenny's concept and battle.

But I think the map screen makes SOIs fairly redundant.

The map shows what each unit is and the csn is displayed.

So if the Brit Sqn OC sees a US Tk PL that may help he already knows what to ask the US Coy "CO" for and if he gets the csn messed up he can always revert to "can your PL at feature no X / GR 123456 support my next move?" type traffic.

Tp Ldrs aren't going to be talking to PL Comds anyway, so if you did want SOIs then not everyone needs then only the sub unit commanders.

Actually its Grenny's concept and battle.

But I think the map screen makes SOIs fairly redundant.

The map shows what each unit is and the csn is displayed.

So if the Brit Sqn OC sees a US Tk PL that may help he already knows what to ask the US Coy "CO" for and if he gets the csn messed up he can always revert to "can your PL at feature no X / GR 123456 support my next move?" type traffic.

Tp Ldrs aren't going to be talking to PL Comds anyway, so if you did want SOIs then not everyone needs then only the sub unit commanders.

Even better, no work for me......:biggrin:

Hope you all had a good christmas time.

As the 7th gets closer, we really need the "admin stuff" sorted out:

1st:Leaders needed

(S1 related) I there are allready volunteer for "CO-ing" at company level, it would be

great if they'd step forward.

2nd:COMSIG-"plan"

(S6 related) The start of the battle will need some organizing time. Everyone should

make himself

familar with creating whisperlists.(press ctrl+shift+w, when using TS...rest is pretty

much self explaining). You need 2 whisperlists, one for your command level, and one

for the level above.

3rd:"battlefield replacements"

(S1 related)

I'll be staying in an extra channel. The idea behind it is that the CO's can

reach me via whisper. Everyone who gets his ride shot from under his ass...meaning he

need a new vehicle and can't have one reasigned by his company CO. Should move to

this channel and ask me for a new "job". I want to avoid having some tanks multiple

crewed or people bored doing nothing, while a few kilometers away, 6 people try to

manage a company in the heat of battle.

Second thing a want to avoid: People shouting over the BG net "can I get a tank

somewhere"

4th:mission briefing

(S3/S2 related)

I'll be on TS on 061900Zjan12 and probably starting from 071300Zjan12.

Anyone who still has questions, can join up for chat/briefing if need. If we have

company CO's by that time(which I hope) they could brief me about their battle plans.

I could then allready include their map-graphics into the scenario if needed.

Thanx

If D Coy is the US?

Then yes AIUI, the BG CO’s intent is for you to achieve battle hand over with the screen (TF-9) as it does its passage of lines through you, impose delay, avoid decisive engagement, achieve a clean break and then re constitute (re arm and refuel) as the BG RES just in time to plug a hole somewhere.

Easy really. :)

I'll volunteer for CoD If it is open. I see the Co orders in the brief but orders for each company start with ?? co. I assume from looking at it that CoD is the one making the time limited delay up front?

Yes, I left the company names blank...as I was still unshure how many will turn up/and which company to put where.

Gibsonm allready summed it up. The US company are the ones with the most players(at the moment) and their M2s are good for a long range engagement (due to TOW launchers).

They will man the security line(see Gibsonm's post)...and later are the TF's reserve force. i.e. "gap plugging" and counter attack are on the menue. Well, RED has some say in what will be ordered ;-)

Ah good to see that the guy we rely on (and the whole plan hinges on) for fire support hasn't got a clue about AFV recognition. :)

Well I was thinking more along the design evolution lines.

Right, Lop the wheels off, move the engine back a bit and stick a lid on it.

Voila, Simples, no? :)

Maybe I should apply for a job at BAE? :biggrin: