Bn size battle, who is up for one?

Grenny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you save the plan with those graphics?

If not I have a copy.

Hmm, no.

Can you upload the plan file?

Thanx for everyone who showed up today! Hope we get all 34 "voters" to join the battle.

Plans are allmost set ;-) See you on TS on 071700Zjan12 to fight the red hordes!!

PS: I'll upload the sce file tonight, so everybody can be prepared...

Oh I watched that video, Grenny.

Still clue less, just seemed to show what I normally do.

(Some the acting in that was really bad! Artillery victims especially! :) )

Edit: Hang on a second........ this plan looks....familiar. :eek2:

Edited by Hedgehog
Opened the planning sce

Soft.

I had another 3 hours sleep.

Well my manager is an easygoing type, but somehow I doubt he would have let me go 2 hours (Travel time) early to attend to play time :)

I am but a peon @ work, imagine if you will, a Private wanted to go early for the same thing, you'd probably give the poor sod a proper chewing out, right?

:)

(I shall see if I can get to the 2100Z "o" group, But I never know what I'm doing from one minute to the next.)

Did we clear up how the coms will work with regards to whisper etc?

Will we have Bn Command with FO and CSS and Coy/Squadron Commanders on one channel and the different platoons on another channel with whisper to or will CO be with their coys and have whisper to Bn net?

No unless I missed the "pre meeting meeting" or the "post meeting meeting".

I agree we need a BG Command net but I have no idea as to which way around the whisper allocations should be.

I would have thought the sub unit commanders would spend most of their time on their "internal" Sqn / Coy net if that influences the decision.

Well, for teh coms:

BG net by "whisper to client".

The companie level divided into the available sub channels so they can speak within their unit.

I think at least D company net to set up an own whisperlist between platoonleader and company CO

My Idea would be to set a BN net: whisperlist between the BN-Co Company-commander, FO, S4 and tank-hunter platoon

The companie CO would have to have 2 Lists:The BN Net and their Companie net

If we have multy-manned paltoon, plt-leaders would have to use the COY-net and their paltoon net

So, in short:

EVERYBODY should reserve 2 key on their keyboard to set up a whisperlist..

I guess we go with this method.

Never mind posted after grenny cleared things up

CSS - COMBAT SERVICE SUPPORT

All Coys/Sqn:s got these Callsigns under their command:

1 ARV Wisent

1 MED Boxer

1 AMMO MAN

Beside that Battalion CSS got:

1 Plt MAN AMMO

1 Plt HEMT FUEL

1 Plt ARV

1 Plt MED

1 ARH medevac

If we get players enough the Coy/Sqn CO/OC won't have to control their own CS units, but you need to be prepared to do that work yourself as CO.

So to get the CSS work fluid there is a few rules and SOP to follow.

RECOVERY

When you get a Tk/Ifv damaged you tow it to designated collection point with your ARV, drop it of and hand over the control of the tank to me so I have full control of it in case something happens.

From there I will tow it back with a Bn ARV so CO can go back to their combat and have their ARV ready for another recovery. I will tow the asset back to CSS area and get the tank fixed and then move it back to the collection area. There I will hand over the control back to its rightful owner and inform about it being fixed and combatworthy.

AMMO REPLEN

The Coy have a ammo truck of their own to rearm single tanks as needed. Keep it protected! If the Coy need ammo replenishment in higher tempo the Bn have 4 ammo trucks to help out, but this need to be sorted in good time and maner.

Remember, bombing up tanks takes time. You have to keep in mind that if you empty a tank down to its last round it will take forever to bomb it up and if the eny suprises you you are screwed. So make sure to take every combat pause to fill up the tanks, rotate them down in cover and bomb them up. Take as a guidance that the tanks should never drop under 50% ammo load-out before bombing them up.

TOW plt and D Coy

Will have special focus from CSS side due to their conditions. TOW plt will have a ammo truck located close by for instant ammo reload due to only having 6 TOW per vehicle. D Coy will have 2 ARV from Bn CSS up behind them and the D Coy ARV manned by me or hedge for quick recovering.

Think that is all for now, this gonna be fun!

/KT

Brun: with your permission, I would like to use your AMMO truck (7D) as support for the TOW platoon. you will both be operating in the same area initially and when you pull out to rearm i have 4 ammo trucks waiting for you to help you out, so you wont need 7D in the first and 2nd phase of this scenario.

Lending 7D to me would mean I dont have to road march a truck all way from CSS to your AO to support the TOW platoon.

Opinion? :)

Brun: with your permission, I would like to use your AMMO truck (7D) as support for the TOW platoon. you will both be operating in the same area initially and when you pull out to rearm i have 4 ammo trucks waiting for you to help you out, so you wont need 7D in the first and 2nd phase of this scenario.

Lending 7D to me would mean I dont have to road march a truck all way from CSS to your AO to support the TOW platoon.

Opinion? :)

That's fine with me. Just make sure we have an ammo truck or 2 back in the reserve area when we pull back