Bn size battle, who is up for one?

Grenny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before upload the AAR i forgot to open it to be sure that is ok.:redface:

I try to load the AAR and i think that is corrupted. I was unable to load it.

Can someone confirm that is corrupted?

Yes I'm afraid so.

Seems to get to loading "object profiles" but then I'm back at the main menu. :(

Anyone else?

JohnO, when/if I get a copy, I'll forward to you.

Bn Co, FO, CSS was in one channel.

B,C,D,E Coys was in own channels (Sean kindly created the channels for us for this event)

Some Coy had all players in same channel. other coys had platoon channels in the coy channel, depending on how many they were.

Bn Channel users had whisper to all Bn assets and company COs (plus tankhunter platoon). All CO had whisper to eachother plus Bn Channels and Tankhunter. Those Co who had platoon channels had another key mapped for whisper to platoon commanders. The Cos who had all players in same channel used their normal "talk to" to talk with company.

The Cos who had all players in same channel used their normal "talk to" to talk with company.

This worked well for us in D Coy, with five players. The two things to keep in mind when you use this method are:

1. minimize coy net traffic so that really important information (like contacts) can be sent quickly and clearly.

2. Keep in mind that the Coy Comd has two nets to monitor at the same time: coy and bn. Again, a reason to minimize traffic on the coy net as much as possible.

Thanks again to all who participated! :)

Bn Co, FO, CSS was in one channel.

B,C,D,E Coys was in own channels (Sean kindly created the channels for us for this event)

Some Coy had all players in same channel. other coys had platoon channels in the coy channel, depending on how many they were.

Bn Channel users had whisper to all Bn assets and company COs (plus tankhunter platoon). All CO had whisper to eachother plus Bn Channels and Tankhunter. Those Co who had platoon channels had another key mapped for whisper to platoon commanders. The Cos who had all players in same channel used their normal "talk to" to talk with company.

When you said, "Sean kindly created the channels for us for this event". Was it in whisper or TS?

I know you guys used Whisper, how was it setup? Could you give an example, plt, company, Bn net?

Well for as long as it lasted:

1. BG Comd net (CO, all OCs, Guns).

For me I had it set so if I hit “v” I spoke on this channel.

2. Sqn Comd (all members of B Sqn).

For me set up as per my default of pressing “print screen” to speak on that channel.

Usual “RL issues”:

People would come up on Sqn Comd and say something but not appreciate I was on BG Comd. So i had to give them “wait out” and then come back to them when things calmed down.

This rapidly turned it into a radio net, not a “chat net” as people worked out i had a few things to do and only came up when they needed to.

New SB Pro / TS specific issues.

Previously TS traffic would cut out (or cut the volume of) game traffic. Now it stays the same.

Got to the point when I had to shut the tank’s engine off and go to F8 to be able to hear the TS chatter (another reason not to send idle chit chat).

Unsure if that’s a “user error“ issue on my part or something in one / both pieces of software.

Certainly in game noise is now far louder to me than before and certainly louder than in RL when I have a CVC on.

Got to the point when I had to shut the tank’s engine off and go to F8 to be able to hear the TS chatter (another reason not to send idle chit chat).

Unsure if that’s a “user error“ issue on my part or something in one / both pieces of software.

Certainly in game noise is now far louder to me than before and certainly louder than in RL when I have a CVC on.

that why I have an additionnal sound card (a old audigy 1 sound card).

Sound of game is on the speaker, and TS is on the headset.