Bn size battle, who is up for one?

Grenny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Windows, if you left click on the speaker icon in the system tray, there is a link to the mixer. With it, you can fine tune the levels of all programs running on your pc.

SP,

I've found it, but I'm damned if I know what to do with it! I don't understand most of the mixer's terms, let alone understand how to set it up. So, if I want to have the headset at a higher volume than the speakers, how would I go about it? TIA for any guidance! :)

Well I think I shall give the next BN size game a miss, My PC really doesn't like large battles.

That or Grenny hit the start button too quick, :) I had just finished loading the mission/in the process of loading the mission (not too sure).

My PC is sloooow. It would be vastly better suited to running SB1.

I got as far as the F4 Vision Block view and then a dialog box saying connection lost appeared.

I hope guns wern't too adversly affected?

(But I'm not too fussed, I had seconds to spare to organize something else for the evening.) :)

vBulletin Message Kingtiger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

:eek2:

Well I think I shall give the next BN size game a miss, My PC really doesn't like large battles.

That or Grenny hit the start button too quick, :) I had just finished loading the mission/in the process of loading the mission (not too sure).

My PC is sloooow. It would be vastly better suited to running SB1.

I got as far as the F4 Vision Block view and then a dialog box saying connection lost appeared.

I hope guns wern't too adversly affected?

(But I'm not too fussed, I had seconds to spare to organize something else for the evening.) :)

Well, having to do both (Co'ing and fires)...I was not good in both :-P

I called 34 mission, 30% of 'em repeated. AAs long as i don't get me hand on the server AAR I don't know if I hit something.

In short: You where missed :-)

In Windows, if you left click on the speaker icon in the system tray, there is a link to the mixer. With it, you can fine tune the levels of all programs running on your pc.

Yes have wasted hours on that crap.

Just wish eSim made this for a Mac where this would "just work". :)

Almost makes me want to go back to the BT ear piece for TS and the headphones for the SB sound.

Yes, it only shows programs that are currently running. So when you run TS and SB they should both show up under "applications" and you can adjust the volume of each individually.

As for headset vs. speakers: IDK.

Ah so its a case of run SB and TS and then a bunch of "Alt Tab" to this mixer to tweak (I guess using the TS testing settings)?

Very intuitive. :)

I notice though that all my control measures aren't there.

I'm sure I sent them "to Blue".

I wonder if they only show up on my AAR (If I'd been able to save one)?

Did you (or other players not in B Sqn ) recall seeing my report lines (peach, orange, grape, fig, etc.) and other "stuff" during the battle on your screen(s)?

From the thread I previously linked to:

Well, if you are referring to the sounds of the maingun (of own tank) firing from external position or TC unbuttoned, they are supposed to be loud -- so loud as to make you miss a radio message.

But as Sean says, you need to turn up TS. Do this by doing the following:

1) Press ALT+P in TS window

2) On the Application tab, there is a check box on the right side "Main Window" section called "Show main volume". Check that.

3) Now press OK and you should see a slider bar in the top right of the TS window. You can slide this to raise and lower the TS volume.

From the thread I previously linked to:

Yes tried that (to the point where TS was showing the volume in red and warning about distortion). :)

I guess what would be ideal (from my point of view) would be an option in TS to automatically reduce any other application's volume if TS was activated (either transmit or receive).

Just like radio traffic overides the internal comms in RL. :)

Yes tried that (to the point where TS was showing the volume in red and warning about distortion). :)

That's why I think the best way is just to set SB volume down to about 50 percent in the volume mixer. But of course, that is available only to those running Vista and 7, I'm afraid.

I guess what would be ideal (from my point of view) would be an option in TS to automatically reduce any other application's volume if TS was activated (either transmit or receive).

A really good idea, and I think some games have an internal VoIP system that basically does just that.

The problem with TS doing that is that the Windows sound system is sometimes so freaky slow under load, that volume is affected many seconds after you try to apply the change, and that would pretty much defeat the purpose I believe. :D

There is a plugin in TS doing that job the "Volume Control" but it works only in windows7. You can activate it through settings.

When will we run such a large scenario again? I think we can do again soon. It was so fun EXCEPT that my computer hang. I understand that it requires much planning behind it all. Given that all governors Co. got kicked from the server. For my part, it would have been fun if we played the same scenario again. I got kicked from the server, so in my case, I could sit as Co C again, and other gaming co commander could maybe rotate, also platoon leaders.