What can You say or think about Russia?

Sergei

You guys are funny. There more to any nation or person that we all know. Just ask.

Vladimir

That reminds me of the story about the three blind men and the elephant.

One day, a rajah’s son asked, “Father, what is reality?”

“An excellent question, my son. Come, we will go to the marketplace.”

So the rajah and his son went outside and mounted their royal elephant. When they got to the marketplace, the rajah commanded, “Bring me 3 blind men.” When the blind men arrived, the rajah commanded, “Place one blind man at the elephant’s tusk, one at the elephant’s leg and one at the elephant’s tail.” When that was done, the rajah said, “Describe the elephant to me, blind men.”

The man at the tusk said, “It’s like a spear.”
The man at the leg said, “It’s like a tree.” The man at the tail said, “It’s like a rope.”

As the men started to argue, the rajah said to his son, “Reality, my son, is the elephant. And we are all blind men.”

That reminds me of the story about the three blind men and the elephant.

Zuper good :)

Something more about Russia: 23 of February is the Day of Fatherland's Defender.

This day all people of our country congratulate the men, who've served or who're serving in Army.

At 8 of March in Russia - Woman's Day :)

This day all people of our country congratulate the women.

What holidays are in your countries?

Zuper good :)

Something more about Russia: 23 of February is the Day of Fatherland's Defender.

This day all people of our country congratulate the men, who've served or who're serving in Army.

At 8 of March in Russia - Woman's Day :)

This day all people of our country congratulate the women.

What holidays are in your countries?

My personal favorite is: Talk Like A Pirate Day, arg matey,shiver me timbers.

When I think of Russia, my mind turns to WW2, and Stalingrad, Kursk and the Baltic area. T-34's, KV-1's, IS-2's.... The bravery of the common solider, and yet the heavy cost Russia has paid in all of its wars with the west.

More modern, I think of the oil industry, and the huge piles of $ that is involved there. I think of the way we as Americans have handled Russia, and think that you can not meddle with Russian politics. I sense a resurgence of an arms race a little as the US and Russia vie over military contracts world wide.

_--__[]KITT;150139']Mig' date=' T-72, T-34, cruel government, KGB, 80s cars, old grey apartment buildings, and Siberian Huskhy:biggrin:

But I think the common people are just like the rest of us:). Humans are not designed to be cruel.[/quote']

Sorry, but:

MiG instead of "Mig"

"80s cars" - well well well

"cruel government" +5 , only this has saved my country from nuclear attack from USA & it's slaves in 40th

"old grey apartment buildings" +5

"KGB" +100 but new word is "FSB"

did U see the Russia at all? ;)

if U think so about my country, do U know what I know and think about your country?

I think Russia is fascinating. I have a minor in the language and studied it a lot in college. I also read of Sven Hedin's travels through Russia toward Asia and always wondered what Russia would be like. It is a land of interesting land and people, but also one of very sad events and a melancholy history.

I hate to see relations beginning to freeze back up between Russia and the US - I think most Americans have nothing but good will toward Russia nowadays.

I think Russia is fascinating. I have a minor in the language and studied it a lot in college. I also read of Sven Hedin's travels through Russia toward Asia and always wondered what Russia would be like. It is a land of interesting land and people, but also one of very sad events and a melancholy history.

We all have cabel and sputnik TV. For example, I watch the channels about fishing and hunting (other 40-50 channels too) and I see people like us/me in USA, France, Chilie, Canada, everywhere.

Don't believe propaganda in your country that other nations differ from your.

About melancholy history - everybody knows Ivan Groznyi, but nobody knows that during his ruling were killed too much less people then every Britain king or queen killed during their ruling.

I hate to see relations beginning to freeze back up between Russia and the US - I think most Americans have nothing but good will toward Russia nowadays.

Your words to God's ear.

I guess when you all dropped Gurevich we just changed it to a small g but soon they will be MIISTY

Something wrong in your words. Give me the facts.

I know only about next:

Gurevich Michael Josefovich (1892-1976)

In 1940–57 Гуревич — vice-chief designer, in 1957–64 chief designer in Mikoyan's OKB."

In 1964 he was 72 years old - in USSR all people must have pension after 60 years for men and 55 for women, and more of that Gurevich had problems with the health.

Something wrong in your words. Give me the facts.

I know only about next:

Gurevich Michael Josefovich (1892-1976)

In 1940–57 Гуревич — vice-chief designer, in 1957–64 chief designer in Mikoyan's OKB."

In 1964 he was 72 years old - in USSR all people must have pension after 60 years for men and 55 for women, and more of that Gurevich had problems with the health.

"Mikoyan-Gurevich" and its bureau prefix is "MiG." Upon Mikoyan's death in 1970, Gurevich's name was dropped from the name of the bureau, although the bureau prefix remains MiG. The Russian government is planning to merge Mikoyan with Ilyushin, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev as a new company named United Aircraft Building Corporation.