CodeMeter Problem

Full-Throttle

I have a strange problem with the Codemeter stick. My computer is running Windows 7 64 bit and I downloaded the lastest version of codemeter 4.30d and it installed fine, but my codemeter stick is not being recognized. I think the problem lies in the fact that the Codemeter USB stick is being recognized by the operating system as an internal drive, not as a removable drive. It was working fine earlier today, but I rebooted my machine and now it is not working. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

I was sure there was a way to specify that the CM stick was a removable device, but I can't find it anywhere.

Well, the guys are most likely going to want a CmDust-Result.log.

Could you please get me a CmDust-Result.log? If you never have created a CmDust.log please do the following:

1. Download CmDust
  2. Plug in your CM-Stick(s).
  3. Start the program simply by doubleclick. A console window opens and disappears after a few seconds.
  4. Now you find the results of the analysis in the file "CmDust-Result.log". You can open this file with a normal text editor (e.g. notepad) to see what we have collected.

So you might as well get started on that.

I’m also running windows 7 64bit and had to change the “state” of my Cmstick. The answer was on the Microsoft website:

"You should switch the state of your CmStick from local disk to removable disk.

You can change this with our tool “Code Meter Disc Configuration”.

Start->All Programs->CodeMeter->Tools->Disc Configuration, then go to the rider “Option” and change the value 'Disk Type'."

For those that don't have the disc config tool which was dropped with 4.30 here is the command line entry to accomplish this with codemeter command prompt:

cmu32 -s******** --set-config-disk RemovableDisk

Substitute your sticks serial number for asterisk

For those that don't have the disc config tool which was dropped with 4.30 here is the command line entry to accomplish this with codemeter command prompt:

For those interested in all the codemeter command lines just go to the codemeter command prompt in the tools section and key in cmu32 and it will give you all the commands and options.

I to am having problems with the game (Win7 64) not seeing my CodeMeter (light is off). I have been out of it for a bit so I do not have any of the updates (yet). I have the 2007 CD version do I need to update it for the stick to work? The CodeMeter however is up to date would that make a difference? And I am also using the Win7 64 bit driver for the CodeMeter.

Any help would be great, thanks!

I to am having problems with the game (Win7 64) not seeing my CodeMeter (light is off). I have been out of it for a bit so I do not have any of the updates (yet). I have the 2007 CD version do I need to update it for the stick to work? The CodeMeter however is up to date would that make a difference? And I am also using the Win7 64 bit driver for the CodeMeter.

Any help would be great, thanks!

come to teamspeak, we can help you there. If you would like

• Members

If in doubt, here's the standard procedure:

1. Uninstall previous CodeMeter installations, download the latest from here, and
    Try again
  2. If it doesn't work, open the CodeMeter Control Center and try a firmware upgrade. Click the circular arrow, and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Try again
  3. Try different USB ports; remember to use a powered USB hub, if any.
  4. Try a different computer, if possible.
  5. If all that doesn't help, start the CmDUST utility (can be found in the CodeMeter program group). Attach the resulting log file CmDUSTresults.log (or something similar) to an email to Support@CodeMeter.com.
  6. Please CC me (my email address is this forum user name @eSimGames.com)
  7. Send the email along with a description of the problem.
  8. Include the exact text of all error messages that appear, if any
  9. Keep me CCd in the conversation with the support team.
  10. If they decide that the stick needs to be replaced, I will contact you (If I don't because I wasn't CCd, please contact me directly)

• 6 months later...

I know this is thread necromancy - but thanks so much! Was trying to setup my laptop, had my dongle in, and couldn't figure out why my recycle bin wasn't showing. Took me a good hour of google to find this thread.