OPFOR vismod skins for TGIF campaign

Volcano

• Moderators

Hello all,

Dark has put together some OD green WP style OPFOR vismod skins to use with the TGIF linked campaign games. This will give us something a little different to look at. You can get them here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/279/p13_fileid/1530

Just be sure to put them in your ...mods\textures\woodland\red

Hopefully we can get something going and have OPFOR vismod skins for more vehicles. It is a shame that it has not been done yet, you know, given how much head to head we all play. :)

Make a list of Vehics you would like to have ,in order of importance and I'll see if I cant knock out a few.

• Moderators

Ok. I figure it could be roughly based on the vehicles we seem to always use in MP as Red:

Leo2A4 (a T80 camo pattern look)

CV9040B/C (a BMP2 look (OD green), or BMP3 look (the T80 camo pattern)

What would be worth experimenting is not limiting it to simply camo patterns and colors but by taking key features of a vehicle's texture and reproducing on another one. What I mean is, reproducing the reactive armor or the same look of the roadwheels etc. Sure the vehicle won't look like the original, but it would have a NTC type vismod look. It might also be interesting to do the same with the LeoAS1 and ASLAV-PC. Specifically, it would interesting to see what the LeoAS1 looked like with T72 looking roadwheels, skirts, etc and what the ASLAV PC looks like with BTR door on the side, BTR wheels etc. Just a thought.

I have attached a file. At one time I started on the idea but never got very far. No doubt the skins look like ass in their current form but the idea was, like I mentioned, to get some key features in place then go from there and camo paint the remainder of the vehicle with its natural features. I dunno, maybe you can do something with it, or maybe not.

I guess the ideal would be some vehicles that have a vismod appearance and some that just have camo patterns and colors of traditional OPFOR.

• Moderators

I like it, thanks!

Yeah, it would be nice if there was a texture catigory of "Red" in the downloads section because this isn't really a skin for the LeoAS1 catigory. If it was located in a "Red" catigory then it should imply that all the skins located there in go in the "Red" folder and that they are vismod types.

Allright.... there's a new skin file section named "OPFOR" for the vismods.

I don't know how many vismods you guys have uploaded already, but if you could please point them out to Kingtiger... he'll get them all sorted for you.

I have not done any yet but will most likely accomplish that today. Thanks Homer for the OPFOR section.

I just tried out the T-122 and it looks great. Whats next? ;)

...oh, I noticed that you put the T-122 in the Strv122 downloads section instead of the OPFOR section?

I just noticed that also, I will pm KT and ask him to move it over to the opfor section. Probably try to do something with either one of the CV,s