Comfort Food for the Sick

sabot_ready

:eek2:

So you are trying to scare the sickness out of the body, huh?

Or is vegemite just a test to see if the victim is seriously ill, or just pretending?

Well I promise I wont offer it to you when you come "down" here (if I've read some other traffic correctly).

But I seem to recall you enjoyed the coke with flavouring at that restaurant. ;)

But what else can you put it on? Toast as far as I can make out.

Vegemite Icecream?

Vegemite Hotdogs?

Vegemite Soup?

Don't get me wrong... I like Vegemite/Marmite

Put it in stews, etc. as a flavouring.

In terms of the above you can say other spreads have similar "limitations":

Peanut Butter Icecream?

Peanut Butter Hotdogs?

Peanut Butter Soup?

Jam / "Jelly" Icecream?

Jam / "Jelly" Hotdogs?

Jam / "Jelly" Soup?

My wife is into herbal/natural remedies, some of which work, some of which don't. Unfortunately, the ones that work are also the raunchiest substances that have ever gone up my nose (goldenseal and sesame oil mix). The burning is only tempered by the horrible taste.

Netti pots are very useful and far more palatable than the goldenseal treatment.

1. Vegemite on Toast...

One Halloween A friend of mine put some Vegemite on some crackers and left it on the counter of the restaurant where he worked. He told the customers it was zombie brains and dared them to eat it.

One guy took him up on the offer and, after tasting the stuff, demanded to know what the awful substance was. My friend said simply, "I told you it is zombie brains. It's not my fault you don't like it."

He doesn't work there anymore.

Until the owner retired our local ice cream shop was world champion at making ice cream, Mike had won the competition many, many times.

He also offered many custom flavours for your party, Cheese & Onion crisp (chips) flavour was very popular. Sadly since he retired the ice cream shop is a shadow of it's former self and even their opening hours are restricted now too, that is what happens when a big chain takes over :(

I used to do thier health and safety at work training for them so was intimately aquainted with many of their flavours :D

One Halloween A friend of mine put some Vegemite on some crackers and left it on the counter of the restaurant where he worked. He told the customers it was zombie brains and dared them to eat it.

One guy took him up on the offer and, after tasting the stuff, demanded to know what the awful substance was. My friend said simply, "I told you it is zombie brains. It's not my fault you don't like it."

He doesn't work there anymore.

I had a bunch of USMC guys attached at one of our exercises in 2009 and we "introduced" them to it.

Interesting watching these "hard men" react to stuff we ate quite happily.

I introduced a local policy that everyone was issued a small sachet of it that they need to carry around and had to produce on demand, if anyone failed to I had 5 sachets that the loser would have to consume.

The Marines were VERY diligent in terms of carrying their sachet. :)

At the end ex "social" the Top Sgt and I went head to head and to his credit he got through 12 sachets before refusing to proceed further. For the honour of the home side I kept going (a bit like Cool Hand Luke and boiled eggs) and finished 40 before stopping because we had run out of sachets.

Top and I then bought the team a few rounds of drinks - a good night was then had by all (and of course next morning he thanked me because all the Vitamin B he had ingested via the Vegimite had negated his hang over). :)