British, English voice localisation package

Crusty

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, thanks, but I was hoping to hear more from the guys who were doing all the original complaining (rather than making you do more work). :shocked:

Well I've already indicated that the loader whispers (IMHO).

When I get a chance I'll go through the list of files (a mere 319) and provide the list of dialogue to Crusty (will just need to confirm if I can release it).

Others can determine if its too much work or whether we just go with what we have and adjust the volume levels.

Or I go back to "identified", "up" and "on the way". :(

• Moderators

Ok, thanks, I was just wondering if the general consensus was that just one crew member was quiet or all of them were, but it sounds like all of them might need an increase. That said, you aren't going to get a shout from the loader, it just doesn't work that way. I mean, just listen to the US voices -- I was shouting at the top of my lungs, but there is only so much that speakers can do, and once they are filtered they all more or less end up sounding very similar (or they should anyway). I can only make the sound louder, and the original recording was perfectly fine in that he was shouting it. Anything nit picking outside of increasing the volume means that you guys will have to record yourselves and replace it on your end (ie. he wasn't screaming loud enough for your tastes). ;)

Edited by Volcano
clarification

• Moderators

OK, done. The UK voices should be substantially louder in the patch (whenever that is).

BTW, after review it seems that only the tank commander, tank gunner, and loader sounds needed the volume adjustment -- so I boosted both of those by about 3 dB, which is about as much as you can while still maintaining the proper amount of dynamic range "headroom". APC voices seemed fine because after I raised the volume on "all of them" they were blowing my ear drums out.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

If you would like to try out this volume adjustments, then you can get the updated MRF file attached to this email. Needless to say, it goes into your SB game's directory, specifically in the ...\loc\English (UK)\voices folder.

***This file is a Beta. You should backup the original voices.mrf by simply renaming it to something else (ie. "voices_old.mrf").***

If no problems are reported then this volume fix should appear in the patch. If you do not want to fool around with this then just wait for a patch.

NOTE:

This file, as explained earlier, makes the tank commander, tank gunner and tank loader voices louder up to a comparable level to other languages. All the other crew members (ie. APC commander, APC gunner) did not seem to have this problem.

If you would like to try out this volume adjustments, then you can get the updated MRF file attached to this email. Needless to say, it goes into your SB game's directory, specifically in the ...\loc\English (UK)\voices folder.

***This file is a Beta. You should backup the original voices.mrf by simply renaming it to something else (ie. "voices_old.mrf").***

If no problems are reported then this volume fix should appear in the patch. If you do not want to fool around with this then just wait for a patch.

NOTE:

This file, as explained earlier, makes the tank commander, tank gunner and tank loader voices louder up to a comparable level to other languages. All the other crew members (ie. APC commander, APC gunner) did not seem to have this problem.

Thanks! I have just tested it and the changed sounds are now perfect in volume I think - just like it was prior 3.0.

I have just noticed some other sounds that might need tweaking - mainly the "incoming reports" from other units of being under fire, having contact etc. I think you should be checking those as well.

• Moderators
Thanks! I have just tested it and the changed sounds are now perfect in volume I think - just like it was prior 3.0.

I have just noticed some other sounds that might need tweaking - mainly the "incoming reports" from other units of being under fire, having contact etc. I think you should be checking those as well.

What about it? You mean they are lower in volume? This is intentional because they drive me (and others apparently) crazy. I don't want those "taking fire" messages any louder than they are.

• 2 years later...