WOW

12Alfa

I'm afraid I didn't understand what I should do. I don't have "Lase" in the controls menu any more, only "Lase to set waypoint". And that does NOT actually lase, it can only be used to set a wp. My wife has the exact same problem on her machine. She has to lase with the Ctrl-key and it's damned near impossible because everything else is on the joystick. Are we the only ones who have lost their LRF on the joystick?

lase_01.jpg.ac23fdc3fc002226a4f8d379503e

lase_01.jpg.ac23fdc3fc002226a4f8d379503e

• Moderators
I'm afraid I didn't understand what I should do. I don't have "Lase" in the controls menu any more, only "Lase to set waypoint". And that does NOT actually lase, it can only be used to set a wp. My wife has the exact same problem on her machine. She has to lase with the Ctrl-key and it's damned near impossible because everything else is on the joystick. Are we the only ones who have lost their LRF on the joystick?

Yes, I think you are right, the standard "Lase" entry is not in the controls listing now. We will look into that...

It has the laser set to joystick button 4. Not sure if that'll help you out or not.

Thank you, it does help. I also found out that hitting DEFAULT button places the LRF on Joystick button 2. My wife would prefer it on button 3 though. Is there any easy way I can move it there myself outside kb emulation? My joystick (TM Warthog) can produce keypresses, but hers does not. I know how to use the free SVmapper software but is there an easier way?

...My wife has the exact same problem on her machine. She has to lase with the Ctrl-key and it's damned near impossible because everything else is on the joystick....

This if off topic, sorry, but I have to award you +1000000 internets for getting your wife to play SB with you. Massive congratulations.

He he... thanks ARM505. It's not really a case of getting her to do anything - she immediately wanted Steel Beasts the first time she saw me playing. She thinks SB Pro is very, very difficult, but she enjoyes the challenge. She's better than me on the Tank Range, I sh*t you not guys, but she has a lot to learn about SA and basic tactics. If she somehow manages to stay alive in a scenario, she kills absolutely everything that moves within 3 kms.

I know, Sean. ;)