2.640 released

Ssnake

I took both the T-72M1 and the CV9030FI to the firing range and I must say that you guys did a superb job on the sounds on both vehicles!

The CV9030FI gun sound makes me giggle like a little girl after every round and the T-72M1 auto loader just creeps me out. :D

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!HAPPY! HAPPY!HAPPY! HAPPY!HAPPY! HAPPY!HAPPY! HAPPY!

It's been ages since I loaded her up and now 2.640 comes out!!!!!

The last time I played we didn't even have night and day conditions yet!!

Can I ask you all, is AI performance impacted (no pun intended) due to light levels or can they see you as if every man woman and child is a T-800 terminator with PNVS-4s?

Guys, sorry my problem was fixed, then I got hooked for 5 hours, if anyone was concerned or anything. Besides all of that, it was awesome. The sim seems so mcuh more polished, with the new interiors and new skins for some formerly low res vehicles. I have to say, thanks a lot eSim. The only bad thing is I'm limited to now playing only Chally 2! It's the closest thing to the M1A2 Abrams's stationary reticle, M1A1's reticle has been making me sick for quite a while now...

• Moderators

Great stuff so far, bit of an issue with me Brit boys, First up they are running around Salisbury Plain with no weapons ! and they are Invisible unless real close.

Other than that big smiles from me Challenger

Hmm, not seeing the invisible weapons here. Try updating your video drivers and also updating Direct X.

As for the guys looking like stick figures in the binos, well, I suppose we are being too ambitious on maximizing performance (that is the low LOD model for long ranges, to make SB run well with tons o' 3D troops). We will see about kicking out the distance a bit further in the future. ;)

• Moderators
I've been seeing random dudes sitting in the woods like they were supposed to be inside a vehicle, driving it. Is this normal? :D

Not sure what you mean. Can you (and others) post this kind of stuff in the Support Forum (preferably with images) so that we can look into it better? Thanks.

• Moderators

If you plan on uninstalling 2.5x, then yes, you must do this before you install 2.640. If you uninstall it after 2.640 is installed, then uninstalling 2.5x could result in the removal of shared files like maps and scenarios that are installed in both versions. If that happens, just install/repair 2.640 again.

1 - Go to the codemeter site, download appropriate 32 or 64 bit installs of 4.30d (SB installer has 4.30c, no big deal, I just got the latest) and install. No need to uninstall old version I believe.

http://codemeter.com/us/service/downloads.html

2 - Uninstall your old SB in the normal fashion. I didn't back up anything, but if there are things you would like to keep, find the files and copy them. I also deleted the 'Documents\Esim' folder manually.

3 - Install your shiny new downloads. I ran the SB setup as administrator via the right click menu. During the install it will ask if you would like to install the Codemeter software. You don't need to if you did Step 1 above, so cancel it if thats the case.

4 - Make sure you have the latest DX9 installed. I did, so no need for me, otherwise get it from microsoft.

5 - Use the the email you received regarding the licence - follow the link therein to activate the licence on your codemeter. Apparently we shouldn't click the big yellow 'Activate all licences', just use the 'activate' button that is next to the particular item you'd like to activate.

6 - Shooty shoot tanks.

I just did this on my main pc from 1500km's away via Teamview on my laptop. No problems. EXCEPT OF COURSE I CANT PLAY NOW VIA REMOTE DESKTOP, WAAA! :)

• Members
1 - Go to the codemeter site, download appropriate 32 or 64 bit installs of 4.30d (SB installer has 4.30c, no big deal, I just got the latest) and install. No need to uninstall old version I believe.

While CodeMeter usually does a good job of installing new versions over older, I still recommend a manual purge. There will still be cases where the automatic removal process doesn't work, and I have had cases of up to six parallel installations of different runtime versions as the source of some serious problem (until I removed all the old versions and made a clean install).

Since some may read your last sentence in the context of SB Pro installations, I'd like to point out once more that the Release Notes recommend an uninstallation of older Steel Beasts versions for a number of specific reasons (which are also given there), and the general reason that neither scenario nor map nor records files of 2.640 are compatible with older versions. Once that you edit or change one of these old files they will no longer work with the old version.

• Members
have a message on the codemeter that says *You need to select a context file* I dont remember how to proceed, help anyone?:

This message will occur if you haven't plugged in your stick when following the license update ticket. You can plug it in and refresh the page in the browser. Usually that will do the trick. Sometimes browsers don't seem to make progress with the page.

Often, Internet Explorer is a good alternative to try.

Or you can create a Context file with the license update assistant of the CodeMeter Control Center and then perform a "remote update". Maybe I should make a separate thread for that topic alone.

Hmm, not seeing the invisible weapons here. Try updating your video drivers and also updating Direct X.

As for the guys looking like stick figures in the binos, well, I suppose we are being too ambitious on maximizing performance (that is the low LOD model for long ranges, to make SB run well with tons o' 3D troops). We will see about kicking out the distance a bit further in the future. ;)

Seems to be fixed, I completely uninstalled 2.5** and cleaned it all out, Then Re-installed 2.64, works great now, Thanks Everyone involved, this is a giant leap forward in the "gameplay" aspect of what is already THE Tanksim

Erhm.....I'm terribly sorry for being so daft and asking what might seem as such a daft question, but, I already have the SB Pro version 2.552, upgraded from a previous version 2.538. Now, all I have to do is to go to the webshop and buy and download the new version and then I will be able to run the sim straight away? OR do I need to buy/await a new codemeter too?

I would really like to know since I am really keen to get this new version.

Erhm.....I'm terribly sorry for being so daft and asking what might seem as such a daft question, but, I already have the SB Pro version 2.552, upgraded from a previous version 2.538. Now, all I have to do is to go to the webshop and buy and download the new version and then I will be able to run the sim straight away? OR do I need to buy/await a new codemeter too?

I would really like to know since I am really keen to get this new version.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=203712&postcount=63

This message will occur if you haven't plugged in your stick when following the license update ticket. You can plug it in and refresh the page in the browser. Usually that will do the trick. Sometimes browsers don't seem to make progress with the page.

Often, Internet Explorer is a good alternative to try.

Or you can create a Context file with the license update assistant of the CodeMeter Control Center and then perform a "remote update". Maybe I should make a separate thread for that topic alone.

What is the context file? another thing every time I access the codemeter licence central it tells me I need a runtime kit installed but Java jams my computer.