2.640 released

Ssnake

Can I also play as infantry i.e. member of dismounted ATGM squads? Also M1 Abrams with 105 mm gun is available? Do Bradley and M901 have top-attack TOW-2B missile? Any APS or EOCMDAS on in-game vehicles? Can I fire M829A3 from 120mm L/55 gun? At what distance can I kill T-80U or Leo-2A6 then? Sorry, so many questions in my head...

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite interesting but a bit too complicated to me. I must also install some Codemeter software and email to other guy my IP address. Then as long as he has computer turned-on I can play with SB Pro PE without having USB dongle? So we have "synchronize" each other?

Inside the US delivery time should be shorter because AFAIK delibevy is sent from US.

Quite interesting but a bit too complicated to me. I must also install some Codemeter software and email to other guy my IP address. Then as long as he has compuer turned-on I can play with SB Pro PE without having USB dongle? So we have "synchornize" each other?

Well you have to install Codemeter anyway when you get the software anyway as that is:

a. Part of the install process.

b. How the dongle works when you do get it.

All that is different is changing a setting to say "borrow the licence from a given IP address (mine).

I email you my IP address (your copy of Codemeter talks to my computer and borrows the license from me). I don't need to know your IP address at all.

Well as my machine is on 24/7 with the dongle "in" (with seven "spare" licenses) there is no need to synch anything much really.

Only offering it as some want to hve access to a "demo" and like to use it before the dongle arrives (cuts down on the stress of the daily trip to the letterbox).

But its entirely voluntary, if you don't ant to do it, that's fine too.

There is a fair bit of work in the military market to combine more and more simulations, including "serious games". Eventually the technology will be mature enough to migrate into the games market. I just don't believe that a single application can possibly do the whole topic justice. There are just too many factors involved. A jack of all trades is a master of none.

I can only imagine what would be needed.i was giving it some thought you would probably need a few versions of the same sim say a armoured one. then a separate helicopter.And what ever else you wonted to add but all using the same Terrain maps.and game Engine.and a dedicated server.to combine them all.as you can properly tell i no nothing about what it would take to develop such a project.i just think it would be something exceptional.imagine the possible scenarios and the tension if you were involved in such a Sim.like Ssnake said its a long way a way.if such a project was ever to be viable i hope its A company like Esim take it on.

I can only imagine what would be needed.i was giving it some thought you would probably need a few versions of the same sim say a armoured one. then a separate helicopter.And what ever else you wonted to add but all using the same Terrain maps.and game Engine.and a dedicated server.to combine them all.as you can properly tell i no nothing about what it would take to develop such a project.i just think it would be something exceptional.imagine the possible scenarios and the tension if you were involved in such a Sim.like Ssnake said its a long way a way.if such a project was ever to be viable i hope its A company like Esim take it on.

Its not that far off.

We are trailling combining SB Pro with an "Infantry centric" Sim now.

But the improvements to SB's Inf model keeps me hoping we can stay with a "one product solution".

Its not that far off.

We are trailling combining SB Pro with an "Infantry centric" Sim now.

But the improvements to SB's Inf model keeps me hoping we can stay with a "one product solution".

Sounds very interesting.

When you say we.

Do you mean the military.

If i remember correctly a company called SSI created the Silent service series and combined playable destroyers and subs in the one environment.

You had to change disks depending on the vessel you chose.i could be wrong on this as i Never played it i read about it a long time ago.

Sounds very interesting.

When you say we.

Do you mean the military.

Yes I mean "we" as in the Australian Defence Force - Army.

I think I've written this quite a few times now but one more time to help the search engine for future enquiries.

AFV crews use SB Pro

Inf use VBS2

connected by "black box"

AFV crew looks out of turret and sees Inf in SB Pro.

Inf look over shoulder and see Tk in VBS2.

Both use common terrain (centrally generated by something like TerraSim).

AFVs us SB Pro's forte of crew drills, etc.

Inf use VBS2 for FPS aspect (looking through weapon's sight, counting rounds, changing magazines, etc.)

Each Inf person plays a character in VBS2 (so little need for scripting because each human Inf person goes where their human Section Comd tells them to, so no AI formations, etc.).

Use SB Pro's map / F5 interface for C2 because it copes with more units than VBS2 (and VBS2's is "poor" - IMHO).

Not perfect but works.

Downsides:

Need 30 people and a class room to man Inf platoon.

VBS2 has scale issues (hard to conduct a dismounted Coy atk for example becasue you need 100+ people, 100+ machines, desks, etc.).

NOT coming to a loungeroom near you soon.

When SB improves its Inf pathing, adopts some AI formations for the sections and has HQ modelled I think we can cut the VBS2 link away but that may take a while.

So I only need to install this game and contact you to set-up Codemeter's guardian?

Don't know what you mean by "guardian". You can certainly borrow the license?

If so, I'll buy license right now.

Hang on your previous posts suggested (to me anyway) that you had already bought it and were waiting for it to ship.

You don't need to buy it twice!

Do you need some kind of my proof of purchase to enable your license sharing mechanism until I get USB dongle?

No. Like I said this is a mechanism for people to "try before they buy".

I don't need to see a copy of an invoice (but if you are still borrowing it in 6 months, I'll strongly sggest you buy your own copy).

I'd like to try it (Vista SP1, KIS7 firewall).

Well the OS and network config at your end doesn't matter to me.

As long as you setup the port forwarding (again I refer you to the WiKi) it should ll be fine.

The other option is to download "Hamachi" which effectively bypasses all the Router config issues.

No, I have not bought SBPro PE yet but I want to buy it quickly. However if you are so kind to enable me to try SBPro "demo" I very appreciate it. Simply I'd like to check if this sim works fine on my rig. As for now I have just installed it along with Codemeter software. So please guide me how to borrow license from you.

OK, I put your IP where necessary but sim still doesn not start.

So what exactly do you mean by that?

Error messages, etc. (sorry but I can't see your screen so you need to provide detail).

How are you connecting?

1. If directly have you read the stuff about port forwarding in the WiKi and implemented it?

2. Have you tried turning the Windows firewall off?

3. If by Hamachi, then you need to tell me so I can give you the password to join "SBProPE".

I am not using Hamachi. Firewall is turned off so port forwadring is not necessary, I suppose. I put your IP into: Configuration->Network->Server Seatrch List and pressed Apply. However Game does not run - no stick detected.

1. Port forwarding IS required.

That is how the relevant information gets from your Router (which has a IP address) to your machine (which has another).

2. Do you turn the firewall OFF?

Yes I turned firewall off along with entire KIS7. I have static IP and direct network connection without any routers or proxy servers.

Anyway CM Events List shows: "Contact server 5.198.214.173 failed. API Error 101 (SERVER NOT FOUND) occurred!"

So please check if your server is up and running. Or maybe you provided wrong IP number? Honesty I don't know.