SB Pro PE Workstation

SSG.GETCH

Hi All,

Now that 2.6 is here the update should inject new interest in playing. Ive been looking at different interfaces and the old mouse-joystick threads.

I thought I would show off my SB Pro Workstation. Im thinking of integrating a touchpad for the "switchology" feel of real tanking but I think minus the smell of JP-4 and cordite my set-ups about as real as you get for tabletop tanking.

Maybe more of you can show us your workstations.

Getch

Picture002.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nils hit the nail on the head...this is one of Don Hawes excellent control handles for AFVSim. I am also current US Army military and an M1A1/A2 tanker.

Thanks W@NKER for sharing your workstation thats the kinda response I'm looking for (pictures).

Id really like to know if anyones integrated touchscreen technology to simulate the clickable switches and buttons in a 3D interior. Ive dreamed of recreating the gunsight for an M1A1 or a virtual FBCB2 for gameplay.

Maybe now that the T72M1 is playble AFVSims will push out a GCH for the

T72-T80 series.

SFC Getch

• Members

If the AFVSim controls were for sale to mere mortals (I don't think they are) and if I decided to get a set it would probably be the CV9035 or Lemur, since these are really helpful in getting the full potential out of the vehicle/RWS.. until then it's mouse/keyboard.

If the AFVSim controls were for sale to mere mortals (I don't think they are) and if I decided to get a set it would probably be the CV9035 or Lemur, since these are really helpful in getting the full potential out of the vehicle/RWS.. until then it's mouse/keyboard.

Having tried said article out I whole heartedly agree.

My Idea

Materials needed 10" or better touch screen

Hi Res pic of M1A1 Gunners sight and ballistic computer

Maybe hi res FBCB2 graphic

Port the 10" screen to work as keyboard

Use it for mag toggle lever, main/coax switch, ammo select, TIS control etc.

Reskin the map screen to look like FBCB2 with some functionalities included

I was wondering;

How realistic or practical is using a joystick in SteelBeasts?

Because we often have to switch to the mouse for right-click menu interaction and the fact that I can aim much quicker with the mouse makes me believe that using a joystick would be rather cumbersome.

How do you guys feel about this?

(I ask because I have a very cool Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS system and the stick could be used for SB)

I have two joysticks an old thrustmaster top gun (very well built) and a logitec.

If you play as TC on the M1 the joystick makes perfect sense as thats what you have and its as simple as the thrustmaster

I do like to map the 8-buttons on the logitec to keyboard functions

Getch

• 1 month later...