setup problem error 123

Redmouse

• Moderators

Hello Redmouse,

It seems that your computer is having trouble with the ñ character. My recommendation:

If your installation failed, go to the folder where SB was going to install. Open the "loc" folder in the install (or create the loc folder in the appropriate path if it is not present), then create a new folder and name it "Español" (paste this text). Create another folder in the "loc" folder and call it "Français" (cut and paste this text into the name again). Then run the setup again.

We should remove those special characters from the paths in the future to prevent this from happening.

• Moderators
Thanks for the assist.

I did what you said about copy and paste things, but it failed, nothing changed.

is this about some unicode or language thing? :(

Yes, I think so. Hopefully I am not leading you in the wrong direction. :shocked:

Doing a quick search in Google, apparently there is some method to fully enable unicode in Windows XP, although I only briefly looked it over.

• Moderators

Ok, try this:

1. This method is the one suggested by Microsoft. Please follow the simple instructions below and your Win XP computer should become fully Unicode-enabled within 5 minutes.
  2. Click on "Start->Control Panel->(Date, Time, Language and Regional Options)->Regional and Language Options"
  3. Click on 'Languages' tab (next to 'Regional Options') at the top
  4. In 'Supplemental language support', see whether "Install files for complex script and right to left languages (including thai)" is checked.
  5. If checked, leave it as it is. This means your computer is already fully enabled for Unicode. You need not do anything further and skip the step below.
  6. If not checked, check it (but please read the 'Important Note' below before ticking). It will install the required files and ask you to reboot.

Try to reinstall SB after that and hopefully all will go well...

• Moderators
hello, SSnake redirected me to here. but it doesn't solve a problem

I'm using windows 7, and having same error.

I changed system locale to 'english(US)' and it just saying

??? ?? ??? ???? ??

there is no 'Supplemental language support' or something so I stucked

Hello and Welcome,

For Windows 7, try this:

http://www.7tutorials.com/changing-display-language-used-non-unicode-programs

..for Windows XP, try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/int_pr_select_language_version.mspx?mfr=true

No, It doesn't work. I changed it to spanish and retry. but it just shown

?? ??, ???? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ???????.

I am confused, what shows up as ?? ??, ???? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ????????

Does this come up during the installation? If so, can you take an image of when you see this?

f0082045_4ee8279bc9f9a.jpg

it applyed on win 7 32bit home premium, korean OS and changed Locale to 'English(US)' and this. this s**t doesn't support language packs so i couldn't step on. other methods also doesn't work too.

i found this problem 2 days ago and doesn't solved any steps. and now i'm getting tired of seeing "Espan?l" and "????". lol.

when does hotfix coming out?

Well a “hot fix” will do little good if they don’t know what the issue is. :)

Also given that no one else has mentioned it I suspect its not a “global issue”.

But his frustration is understandable: all his attempts to install SB failed since his purchase on the release date and the two of the fellow Koreans who experienced similar error got it sorted out by now (Me and Redmouse),

not to mention somebody (me) keep telling him about how great this or that feature of 2.640 is :debile2:

On top of that, we all use different OS (Win 7 64bit for me, XP for red, 7 home 32bit for carbine) that duplicating the suspected settings is not possible.

My installation went smoothly after changing unicode language setting to English (but never had that "????" error message myself ever)

and Redmouse somehow managed after re-downloading the files and changing the unicode language and display language to english (except that the installer refused to create start menu group and desktop shorcut for him after an obscure error message)

Taking a wild guess, I suspect display language might be the problem for our Mr. carbine here but apparently his Win 7 32bit "Home Premium" does not allow changing display language from its Korean default.

Heck, who named those windows edition names? what a hype it is to call the barebones common edition "Premium"...

• Members
Heck, who named those windows edition names?

Probably the same group of people who create the two-class society at banks with different counters and clerks for "Private customers" and "Asset management". "Private Customer" sounds good until you realize that it is for the proletariat which is being given worse conditions for their savings & loans than those who hardly need it because they are so rich that they can't handle the management of their assets themselves.

Some consolation comes from the knowledge that the rich are often plundered by the banks with stupid investment recommendations that have only one constant, making the banks richer. ;)

But back to topic. It seems that the source of trouble is the inability to change the locale settings. So maybe you can google for a workaround, or consider the "Upgrade Anytime" option from Microsoft for a Windows version that allows just this. I don't know how costly that will be though.

another day failin install. but got something

f0082045_4ee9c89079210.jpg

this, is a messege i was found ????? avobe

I used Vistalizer to install some language packs, because my OS even lacks of english language packs. I changed display and Locales to solve things out. it failed with that messege.

I suspect it's lack of language packs prevent install in da**it Espanol-Francois folder-making sequence.

Add.WTH?! same Espanol error after install spanish pack?

Since carbine is too busy celebrating over the successful install, (finally)

I'm happy to announce for him that the problem has been solved minutes ago with help of vistalizator and liberal application of "run as administrator" (even though he's already logged in as the administrator)

Case closed :)

• Members

Well, we'll still try to improve the situation. We have already identified an option with the installer program to make it less of a hassle, but would welcome volunteers from Korea or other Asian countries to test an eventual Unicode conversion of SB Pro. Maybe you can ask around for volunteers, and eventually help with a Korean translation?

Well, we'll still try to improve the situation. We have already identified an option with the installer program to make it less of a hassle, but would welcome volunteers from Korea or other Asian countries to test an eventual Unicode conversion of SB Pro. Maybe you can ask around for volunteers, and eventually help with a Korean translation?

I guess I could gather a few people for testing new installer but translation?

I don't know about other countries but honestly, implementing Korean translation is not worth your precious development time (even though translation itself could be done by us fans)

There're not that many players around here (maybe about a dozen on the whole peninsula) and the MoD is so preoccupied with using domestically developed product that they just won't bother anyway.

Thanks for the offer and the support, I'll welcome whatever choice eSim makes. :remybussi:

BTW, are there any more Asian lurkers around the forum?