v2.640 Bugs

Scrapper_511

Okay, here it is:

In this scenario a Leo 2A4 is moving to a BP. Just after it arrives, an enemy BMP-2 comes over the hill. I've found the behavior is reproduced most reliably if you wait until you are spotted by the PC and two of the troops dismount. (Which lends credence to the theory that they're trying to lay on other fallen troops.) Then, an HE shot should do the trick (it's the only main gun ammo I included.)

Edit: After further testing, if executed the way I described, it seems to happen every time. Hope this helps!

56e83cb4c817e_DismountBoogie_zip.8acb1a0

Dismount Boogie.zip

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed while playing a scenario (and rechecked with a specially designed scenario) that the t-80u can fire the songster or refleks missile accurately while on the move, even while moving at top speed perpendicular to the line of fire. Is this correct?

This might be a false alarm but I was under the impression that with most AT missiles that the firing platform had to remain relatively stationary.

• Moderators
I noticed while playing a scenario (and rechecked with a specially designed scenario) that the t-80u can fire the songster or refleks missile accurately while on the move, even while moving at top speed perpendicular to the line of fire. Is this correct?

This might be a false alarm but I was under the impression that with most AT missiles that the firing platform had to remain relatively stationary.

Thanks, we will check into whether this is correct or not.

• Moderators
Okay, here it is:

In this scenario a Leo 2A4 is moving to a BP. Just after it arrives, an enemy BMP-2 comes over the hill. I've found the behavior is reproduced most reliably if you wait until you are spotted by the PC and two of the troops dismount. (Which lends credence to the theory that they're trying to lay on other fallen troops.) Then, an HE shot should do the trick (it's the only main gun ammo I included.)

Edit: After further testing, if executed the way I described, it seems to happen every time. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the test SCE and info. We will look into it...

• Moderators
Thanks for the test SCE and info. We will look into it...

Ok, that test scenario shows the infantry lay down and get up as they move around to setup, but that is not what I meant when I mentioned them flickering. What I mean by flickering is when they seem like they get into a position where they will not move anywhere at all, just rapidly laying and standing to the point that they look like they are phasing in and out.

I will try the scenario a few more times though and see if it happens, but otherwise it shows them laying/standing while repositioning. That of course is something that should be improved too, but that will get improved when the infantry are allowed to crawl.

• Members

AT-10 and AT-11 as laser beam riding missiles can indeed be fired on the move, and even perpendicular to the direction of the movement (the missile reacts much faster to stay in the center of the laser beam than the launching vehicle could change its position). Whether it could do this at top speed, I have no idea. OTOH, I haven't heard that this is not possible either.

...What I mean by flickering is when they seem like they get into a position where they will not move anywhere at all, just rapidly laying and standing to the point that they look like they are phasing in and out..

Yes, that is what I meant as well. I was able to get them to do it almost every time if I shot the PC with a HE round just after two troops disembarked.

Edited by SeanPatrick

• Moderators
Yes, that is what I meant as well. I was able to get them to do it almost every time if I shot the PC with a HE round just after two troops disembarked.

Edit :

SjvLeg0-ccA

AHA, I didn't catch the part that you had to shoot and kill the PC. ;)

Thanks! Can you leave that video up/available for a while for evidence. I will let you know when you can remove it (ie. when it is fixed).

Edited by Volcano

Sorry, please allow some questions.

My first install is v2.640.

In GAME of Tank Range, when use M1A1 Main gun-normal mode , I can make direct hit while 3or4shot from beginnig, but aftet 3or4shot , however ballistic computer is working correct , trajectry is low. After manualy input data, still trajectry is low.

And I can move cal.50 right-left, but can not move up-down.

It is due to my incorrect operetion or bugs?

:confused:

Sorry, please allow some questions.

My first install is v2.640.

In GAME of Tank Range, when use M1A1 Main gun-normal mode , I can make direct hit while 3or4shot from beginnig, but aftet 3or4shot , however ballistic computer is working correct , trajectry is low. After manualy input data, still trajectry is low.

And I can move cal.50 right-left, but can not move up-down.

It is due to my incorrect operetion or bugs?

:confused:

Most common error on the M1: You must index the right ammo. You as gunner must choose what ammo is loaded. If the loader loads HEAT(PC-target), but you still have SABOT chosen...the shoots will ALLWAYS be short.

(HEAT is heavier and slower then sabot)

Incorrect operation.

in the M1 you have to index the round using "insert" and "delete" keys. "insert" tells the fire control to index Sabot rounds, "Delete" indexes HEAT. These 2 rounds have different flight characteristics so the computer needs to know what type is loaded. Simply put if the TC calls for Sabot press "Insert" if he calls HEAT press delete.

The TC's MG has no powered elevation. To raise and lower the gun tap the up and down cursor keys.

CV-90 (the 40, both C and B): when viewing through the glass prisms from the gunners seat (F4 view), the frame rates drop to slideshow levels (1 or less fps). Going back to any other views returns things to normal.

GPU (most relevant thing I can think of), GTX 580, 1536MB, 290.36 Drivers

Sorry if this is already somewhere here.

CV-90 (the 40, both C and B): when viewing through the glass prisms from the gunners seat (F4 view), the frame rates drop to slideshow levels (1 or less fps). Going back to any other views returns things to normal.

GPU (most relevant thing I can think of), GTX 580, 1536MB, 290.36 Drivers

Sorry if this is already somewhere here.

Have the same drop in frame rates as you have. F4 view drops to 1 fps. Though you have beta drivers I have latest 285.xx drivers. Same problem.

Hi,

Not sure if bug or feature:

In a Leo 1 (both DK and AS), when the Ballistic computer is damaged, fire control is set to manual ('Turm Aus'). Setting the fire control to normal ('Stab Ein') works, but when you leave the gunners position, it's back to manual. Leo 2's don't have this behaviour. Is this by design?

(Even when the AI has to move the turret to loading position, it does it on manual, which leads me to believe this is a bug)

- Rump

• Moderators
Hi,

Not sure if bug or feature:

In a Leo 1 (both DK and AS), when the Ballistic computer is damaged, fire control is set to manual ('Turm Aus'). Setting the fire control to normal ('Stab Ein') works, but when you leave the gunners position, it's back to manual. Leo 2's don't have this behaviour. Is this by design?

(Even when the AI has to move the turret to loading position, it does it on manual, which leads me to believe this is a bug)

- Rump

Yes, we noticed this recently and are looking into it.