Messing around with Infantry 2.64

NickMow

Also, when you have two squads loaded and you want them to unload on two different positions, make sure you unload the last loaded squad first. Otherwise both squads will be unloaded.

First thought this was a bug but then realized that I was unloading the first loaded squad first. The logic behind this (I guess) is that the last loaded squad needs to get out off the way and also gets unloaded. Not sure this is new for 2.640.

- Rump

Not yet. Gotta keep something for (hopefully) the next update after all ;)

Ok thanks look foward to that, meanwhile, we have plenty to be going on with,

couple of Milan Teams on a Griffin, seem to be able to cause suitable carnage :sonic:

thanks again esim dudes

Couldn't reproduce this. Scenario?

See attached for a simple scenario. I originally noticed it in a different scenario, but that's a work in progress.

I was able to reproduce it in this test scenario. See pic and the report in the zip file together with the scenario. (didn't show in AAR)

Edit: Replaced the RBS 70 with Tunguska. Now the troops show up in the AAR. (see Helo troops AAR.zip)

Thanks, Rump

SS_18_26_14.jpg.497e67e7782afeb87ae1aafb

56e83cab79e91_Helotroopstest_zip.889a47b

56e83cab882d3_HelotroopsAAR_zip.501306e8

SS_18_26_14.jpg.497e67e7782afeb87ae1aafb

Helo troops test.zip

Helo troops AAR.zip

• Moderators

AFAICR, it is a feature that some of the troops might survive a helicopter crash (just like how some troops in a PC survive a vehicle kill). However the chance of a troops surviving the helicopter kill is much less than that of troops from a dead PC.

FWIW, when a bug is suspected (or if it is uncertain) these kinds of posting would be much more at home in the Support Forum, so that they get the proper attention they deserve. ;)

AFAICR, it is a feature that some of the troops might survive a helicopter crash (just like how some troops in a PC survive a vehicle kill). However the chance of a troops surviving the helicopter kill is much less than that of troops from a dead PC.

FWIW, when a bug is suspected (or if it is uncertain) these kinds of posting would be much more at home in the Support Forum, so that they get the proper attention they deserve. ;)

You have a point there, might not be a bug, just a feature. But it is at least something to keep in mind. (that troops can survive and thus be in that area)

Thanks,

- Rump