Upgrading more than one licens

EagleMountain_DK

To follow this up.

1. Send the email as detailed above.

2. eSim sends you back and "invoice" for the amount. You get an invoice because its a non standard purchase not covered in their "store" options.

3. Go to the store web page:

http://www.esimgames.com/purchase.htm

4. Fill in the delivery address details above the table. Nothing "in" the table.

5. Fill in the Invoice details below the table.

6. Complete the credit card details as required.

7. eSim send you a confirmation of payment email.

8. Soon after you receive another email with a link to update those licenses.

I don't really understand the secondary license thing.. can I buy 10 secondaries for 50$ and share to my friends that don't even have a dongle? That sounds like a big loss for esim!?

Well you could.

They were available a while ago at a reduced price. Not sure what the story is for those who'd like to buy them "now".

Remember the "upgrade" fee for the secondary is US$5 not the "purchase" price.

I believe its meant to cover a few areas:

1. A way to provide a "demo". I've lent licenses to people in various countries who have tried it and then bought their own copy.

2. A way for eSim to do some stealth marketing. Again I've had "LAN parties" where several people have come over and played it over the LAN and again some have bought copies.

Remember it doesn't give you the freedom of owning you own copy.

You can't take your laptop on holidays and get it out and fire it up as you can with your own dongle.

Or if I remove my dongle then anyone who usually borrows the licenses on it is stuffed.

Or if I power down my machine.

etc. etc.

I think its is nice way for eSim to offer people an inexpensive way to try the product without investing US$125 (but again even that figure is becoming "cheap").

Edited by Gibsonm

As a courtesy to eSim for even offering the secondary licenses, I only offer one or two demo games to anyone interested. (That should be enough to get 'em hooked, anyway.) ;) I'd like to see more people at the Fri. night games. Don't be timid! Jump in!

BTW, the offer still stands. I haven't upgraded my 2nd license yet. But anyone who wants to try 2.552 is welcome.