Challenger2

Froggy

Guys slightly OT:

I've asked the Canadians to try the ANZAC template (it is the same for the manoeuvre units and the key appointments you construct individually anyway).

But no responses as yet.

Similarly if a UK user confirms its basically the same for UK units (again it shouldn't be too far off the mark) we can rename "ANZAC" to "Commonwealth" and then upload it or equally incorporate it into the future 2.6x patch.

But until some one from these two countries actually TRIES IT and is happy I can't vouch for it. :)

Will now cross post to the LAVIII and CR2 threads and see if I get a response from there.

Can a Brit (perhaps IH) have a look at this an confirm it corresponds to current UK call sign structure (or at least within whatever security limitations you have) and let me know?

Further discussion and attached file to test in this thread:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=15954

• Members
In Mp session (Human TC, human gunner), when TC slews the turret, the pilot stops the tank. feature or bug?

It certainly isn't a feature, but maybe you are pressing the hotkey to designate a new waypoint without noticing it? And since that waypoint is real close, the driver then stops?

It certainly isn't a feature, but maybe you are pressing the hotkey to designate a new waypoint without noticing it? And since that waypoint is real close, the driver then stops?

This occurs even in single session. I press "up arrow" to slew the turret, and when the gunner says "Identified", the tank stops until the TC fires the gun or he press "down arrow" to let the gunner fires itself.

• Members
Just a question about the ammo for challenger why is it so weak in comparison to every other tank in the game

Because that represents our best guess. We were ... surprised, and believe me, we checked and double-checked, but I stand by this estimate. As the real performance is classified, it is of course impossible for me to prove that I'm right ... or wrong.

and it says its rounds max range is only 3500 meters when the chally 1 has the longest kill in combat to be recorded at over 5k.

Well, that case involved firing a HESH round and a fair bit of luck. Stefan Kotsch demonstrated on TankNet that the chance for a hit at that range was no more than 40% even with perfect knowledge of range and exterior ballistic variables (like crosswind) simply because of the shot dispersion of HESH rounds.

These ranges simply reflect the maximum range at which computer-controlled crews may fire the gun with this ammunition. Human players may of course exceed the limits of reasonable engagement ranges if it pleases them.

:)

• Moderators
This occurs even in single session. I press "up arrow" to slew the turret, and when the gunner says "Identified", the tank stops until the TC fires the gun or he press "down arrow" to let the gunner fires itself.

Hmm, also check that you don't have double mapped hotkeys. The best way to check that is to export the control list, then temporarily load the defaults and see if it does the same behavior. If it doesn't, then the customized controls have been double mapped to the same key somewhere.

The Challenger1 long range kill was, believe it or not, a Fin round at the range of 5100metres. Its only been assumed it was a HESH engagement because the ellipse displaced into the HESH scale. But thats only because it was always on the gunners sight, not because it was used in the engagement.

The gunner himself was talking about it on ARRSE.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/rac/155024-silly-questions-about-famous-long-range-cr1-shot.html

Not sure what exact round was used, but I think they had that newly introduced DU round (L26?) up the spout when they went into Iraq, so it may have been that.

Interesting to note the gunner was more proud of his moving HESH engagement.

• Moderators
it happend only if there is a target in the sight, and the gunner says identified...

A video will short follow

Try doing that in a direction that is say, 90 degrees from current facing. Does the vehicle stop, then turn and start moving in that direction? (I have a theory which is hopefully proven false.) :shocked:

Try doing that in a direction that is say, 90 degrees from current facing. Does the vehicle stop, then turn and start moving in that direction? (I have a theory which is hopefully proven false.) :shocked:

The vehicule stops until I release the turret, and then resume it courses, without facing the target if I do not order it to do so