Russian crew sound mod

kotplus

Looking forward to trying this!

Just want to check though, do I create a Russian folder within

My Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/mods/voices/

Then copy the sounds into it, or do these go into the main install folder?

I don't want to mess up my newly installed 2.460 so thought best to check. :biggrin:

Cheers!

PS: Running WinXP here.

This is how I installed it, crude, but it works: oh, FYI, i'm using win 7 so folder structure might differ.

1. create a folder named "Russian" inside "loc" folder of main game folder

2. extract the mod's wav files into my documents\esim games\steel beasts\mods\sounds\voices\Russian

3. copy the files in the main gamefolder\loc\english folder and paste it inside the mods\sounds\voices\Russian folder but DO NOT OVERWRITE anything, just paste the files that are not there.

4. Run the game, go to options->language and choose Russian

5. Enjoy the comrades' voiceacting

• Members
There is my first mod - russian tank crew voices with radio frequency interference made in voice editor. During this job I was consulted by real tank officer and russian tank fans community. Ready for your feedback! :)

Sounds like a great addition. I wonder if you also have a Russian translation of the PStrings.txt. If you are willing to give eSim Games a copyright assignment agreement (to the extent that eSim is allowed to use your work), we could make it an official Russian localization. If we can do it before mid January we can even include it in the new DVDs.

Contact me under Ssnake (at) eSimGames.com if you are interested.

Sounds like a great addition. I wonder if you also have a Russian translation of the PStrings.txt. If you are willing to give eSim Games a copyright assignment agreement (to the extent that eSim is allowed to use your work), we could make it an official Russian localization. If we can do it before mid January we can even include it in the new DVDs.

Hope crusty will get "his project" done also :-)

Ssnake said:
I wonder if you also have a Russian translation of the PStrings.txt.

We are working on this subject. Some "polishing" needed since not all messages can be seamlessly translated to russian, and not all messages are currently used in PE version.

P.S. Most recent(but untested) version for 2.640 attached.

Thanks, I will reply tomorrow:)

I get the russian voices in tank range but amoungst others sounds the gun , auto loader and engine sounds are now missing.

Proper ways to add language localisation to SB Pro PE:

Way A:

Step 1. Go to \Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\loc directory and create there new folder. Call this folder for the sample "Russian"

Step 2. Copy to this new folder("Russian") all contents of folder "English (US)", if you prefer english menus and messages.

Step 3. Go to \My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\voices. Create new folder named "russian" and unpack Russian.zip to this folder.

Note: this way allows you to toggle voice localizations on the fly thru "Options" menu.

Way B:

Unpack contents of the archive to F:\My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\voices\English. Only option to turn of russian voices is to delete all unpacked files.

Way B:

Unpack contents of the archive to F:\My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\voices\English. Only option to turn of russian voices is to delete all unpacked files.

I might give this method a try, I too had some missing sounds previously.

To save on the deleting though I suggest you use the JSGME mod enabler freely available from here:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

Very easy to use, and allows mods of all typed to be enabled/disabled prior to play.

EDIT: Just got this working. WOW! Very immersive! :)

Great work guys!

Edited by Quagmire

Way B:

Works for me! (just move them in and out).

Very cool, thanks for the work.

- Rump

• 2 weeks later...