071700Zjan12

Grenny

In what unit you want to join  

39 members have voted

1. 1. In what unit you want to join

• US-tank company(+/-)
    • UK-tank squadron (+/-)
    • swedish tank company (+/-)
    • german(but DK/Fin equiped) grenadier company(+/-)
    • tank hunter platoon(M113 TOW)

That's 0400 on Sunday for me.

Timings for others (look here):

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Multi+National+BG&iso=20120107T17&ah=2

I'll be there but every body else better be on time.

Tasking - indifferent. Happy to let others be PL / TP leaders. Can fill any vacant BG or CT positions you need help in (maybe the UK Sqn Comd).

I'm assuming you want to be the CO? :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Greetings;

above time and date is my plan for "my" BN-size-battle scenario.

idea is to have the time set so that north amerika and aus/nz have also a chance in taking part.

to get an idea of the numbers, i made this poll who's going to join and where

UK Tank Sqn/Tp Please, might even get some other Canuks to tag along.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx for everyone who showed up today! Hope we get all 34 "voters" to join the battle.

Plans are allmost set See you on TS on 071700Zjan12 to fight the red hordes!!

PS: I'll upload the sce file tonight, so everybody can be prepared...

Try 071500Z Jan 12. :)

B Sqn happy to take late comers. :)

Might even make you live up to your callsign. :)

Be there if I can.

Hmmm...B Sqn...Not really up to speed on the Challenger yet, and the callsign relates to a time back to which the distance is measured in decades! :) :)

So 7 people wanted to be in B Sqn and only one (Killjoy) really turned up? I guess the other 6 forgot? :)

I'll work on the Challenger gunnery/CC topics, and join you in B Sqn next time if at all possible. But I don't think that I'll use my callsign...! :)

I'll work on the Challenger gunnery/CC topics, and join you in B Sqn next time if at all possible. But I don't think that I'll use my callsign...! :)

No that was an idle / whimiscal "threat" (not to be carried out).

I was just a bit disappointed (no doubt exacerbated by getting up before 4am local time two days in a row to make it work and then to be kicked out within minutes of "contact") that so many indicated they wanted to play the UK role and then had other / better things to do on the day.

I makes it hard for the organisers of these things to get inflatedly optimistic forecasts and markedly different "actuals".

Which is why I waited until I was about 90% sure that I could make the co-op before I committed. At one point it was no more than a 50% chance at best, but circumstances shifted just enough to get me into the game. All to say that I've started my Challenger 2 regime, so if we do a retake of this scenario I'll look for a troop in B Sqn if the dates and timings are good.