Question regarding Centurions

markh

I created a custom meeting engagement scenario where two squads of Centurions met three squads of T55s - with the Centurions being controlled by me.

At first it seemed to work well. Then my Centurions went through the initial 5 shots - and began to get slaughtered. They did not automatically try and reload their ammo.

I replayed the scenario. This time I withdrew after the initial ammo was used up and I jumped from each vehicle to the next doing "reload all". After reloading I advanced again to re-engage the T55s. This time none of the Centurions actually fired at the enemy and again the Centurions got slaughtered.

The AI T55s seemed to have no problems either reloading and engaging.

So, what am I doing wrong?

• Moderators

Units will not transfer ammo from stored to ready if they are in combat (ie. getting shot at), reason being, transferring ammo makes the tank vulnerable as it usually involved putting the turret over the rear or side and/or the crew being out of action for a time. What you have to do is, once the tank is low on ready ammo then you need to disengage them to transfer ammo (or manually tell them to do so). They do have more than 5 rounds though, you should make sure they have a load of HESH/HEAT as well.

On the other hand, if they do in fact have more more than 5 rounds (they have a full KE, HESH/HEAT ready load of something like 11 rounds) an they are not firing, then need more details (like range to target, etc.) or the scenario itself.

Thanks for the prompt responses.

Volcano - I did withdraw from combat before reloading and did jump to each tank using "next vehicle". All were reloaded before re-advancing and re-engaging. Not sure of the range but I returned to the same position as when I first engaged the T55s (I know this because I had left a burning Centurion behind - a casualty from the initial engagement).

Ssnake. I will check to see that the fire at will command is on. I had not touched that command at all - does manual reloading also change that command? I will check and see.

Thanks again.