Modable Callsign help

Kingtiger

I continue to be amazed by the Aussie penchant to classify everything. ACP125 is explicitly UNCLASS and is allowed to be redistributed without auth from NDHQ - it says so on the first page.

Table 4B-2-1 Fixed callsigns for an Armoured Regiment

CP Stations: 0A, 0B (live CP is 0)

A Sqn CPs: 1A, 1B (live CP is 1)

B Sqn CPs: 2A, 2B (live CP is 2)

C Sqn CPs: 3A, 3B (Live CP is 3)

D Sqn (Recce) CPs: 4A, 4B (Live CP is 4)

OPCOM subunit CPs (if any) 7A, 7B

HQ Sqn CPs: 8A, 8B (live CP is 8)

RHQ

CO: 9

DCO: 9A

OpsO: 9B

RSM: 9C

LO: 9E

SigO: 91

Sig Sgt: 91A

RRBs: 91B, 91C etc

Adjt: 92

IntO: 93

MP O: 96

MP Dets: 96A, 96B etc

FAC: 97

HQ Sqn

OC Hq Sqn: 89

2IC: 89A

Adm O: 89B

SSM: 89C

Umpires: 80A, 80B etc

QM: 81

RQMS: 81A

MedO: 93

Ambs: 83A, 83B etc

TptO: 84

Cargo (Tracked): 85, 85A, 85B etc

Cargo (Wheeled): 86, 86A, 86B etc

Spare Vehs: 87, 87A, 87B etc

Maint Tp Ldr: 88

ETSM: 88A

MRT: 88B, 88C etc

Recovery (Wrecker, ARV): 88E

RHQ Recce Tp Ldr: 60 (all other callsigns follow recce standard with prefix 60 - see below)

A Sqn (Tank) (note - all applies to B, C change prefix from "1" to 2, 3 as applicable)

OC: 19

2IC: 19A

BC: 19B

SSM: 19C

SQMS: 19D

LO: 19E

1 Tp (Tank) Ldr: 11 (all applies to 2 Tp, 3 Tp, 4 Tp; just change suffix)

1 Tp WO: 11A

1 Tp Sgt: 11B

1 Tp Mine Plow: 11C

Dozer Tank (OC's Wingman): 16

Echelon

Ammo Trucks: 15, 15A

POL Turcks: 15B, 15C

FAC/DZ/LZ: 17-17D

Maint WO, Sgt: 18, 18A

MRT (Wpn): 18B

MRT (Veh): 18C

ARVs: 18D, 18E

Rad Tech: 18F

Ambs: 19F, 19G

D Sqn (Recce) - as per tank Sqns except:

OC's Rover: 49H

1 Tp (Recce) (also applies to 2, 3 Tp - change suffix)

Tp Ldr (T Ptl or Tp HQ): 41

Tp Ldr's Wingman: 41G

Tp WO (A Ptl): 41A

Tp WO's Junior: 41B

Tp Sgt (C Ptl): 41C

Tp Sgt's Junior: 41D

E Patrol: 41E

E Ptl Junior: 41F

Tp Ldr Assault Tp: 44

Tp WO: 44A

Section Comd: 44B

Section Comd: 44C

DG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Those callsigns are confusing.

Well now you know what its like when we work with you. :)

Or indeed what its been like for the last 7 years in SB Pro for me and my trainees (and even more confusing as what's on the map here is different to what I actually used overseas when working with you guys).

Hence why I'm keen to get this working. :)

I continue to be amazed by the Aussie penchant to classify everything. ACP125 is explicitly UNCLASS and is allowed to be redistributed without auth from NDHQ - it says so on the first page.

DG

Well that's great but I have to live by my rules. :)

I did notice on your list that some of our stuff is different but not as far as the fight elm is concerned (our RSM / SSM use a different letter and the echelon is a different number).

But overall I think the "ANZAC" list will work becuase you just select you echelon components from the 8th unit to get the 8 prefixes.

Can you let me know if is workable for you and I'll rename and upload for general usage?

Wow. Those callsigns are confusing.

In the US we go from left to right (company>platoon>section>team)

I was the platoon leader for 3rd platoon, in Alpha Company. Therefore my callsign was: A-3-1

My Alpha Section leader was: A-3-2

My Alpha Team leader was: A-3-2-A

I really like this feature, and I've always found that the default SB callsigns are backwards, for me anyway, since I'm used to the way that the FBCB2 displays icons from left to right.

If anyone is interested, I can put something together for US callsigns.

Templates for those are already in there I think.

• Moderators
Templates for those are already in there I think.

Yes, indeed. Load the US callsign set -- then edit it from there as needed. We certainly knew what the US callsign method was all these years, but since SB Pro PE is not specific to US, we always had to use a generic approach (hence the SB Pro PE default callsign template). But, there is now a US template available for use.

What I would like to see is someone make a UK callsign template for official use in SB. :)

• Moderators
Yes, please.

I will make it easy for you:

In Map Editor...

1) Options > Unit call signs > Blue > select #1

2) Select the Import... button

3) Load US.cst OR US-battalion

DONE (or edit the template from there to suit your fancy)

----------------

Ahh, my mistake, I think I see now that Apocalypse 31 wants to change the display order of the callsigns to match FBCB2 (the US callsigns match the old pen and paper map approach). Yes, this is very easy to do, Apocalypse 31, perhaps you can take US template and change the order around in that to save you some time.

What I would like to see is someone make a UK callsign template for official use in SB. :)

That's what I'm aiming for too.

I've asked the Canadians to try the ANZAC template (it is the same for the manoeuvre units and the key appointments you construct individually anyway).

But no responses as yet.

Similarly if a UK user confirms its basically the same for UK units (again it shouldn't be too far off the mark) we can rename "ANZAC" to "Commonwealth" and then upload it or equally incorporate it into the future 2.6x patch.

But until some one from these two countries actually TRIES IT and is happy I can't vouch for it. :)

Will now cross post to the LAVIII and CR2 threads and see if I get a response from there.

That's what I'm aiming for too.

I've asked the Canadians to try the ANZAC template (it is the same for the manoeuvre units and the key appointments you construct individually anyway).

But no responses as yet.

Ok took a quick peek. 11 would be paired with 11C for a fire team, 11A would have 11B as a fire team partner.

so ..

11,11C

11A,11B

Ok took a quick peek. 11 would be paired with 11C for a fire team, 11A would have 11B as a fire team partner.

so ..

11,11C

11A,11B

Ah so there ARE differences.

Here the Tp Ldr pairs with the Tp CPL (11 and 11B) while the Tp Sgt pairs with the jnr csn (11A and 11C).

So it works for AUS but not CAN at the vehicle level?

What about the higher Tp level (which I suspect most casual users are worried about)?

Maybe its the medicine I'm taking to fight this cold, but what is the top part for "Apply If"

SBProPEcm2011-12-1920-16-39-94.jpg

Is this correct if I want just a callsign for the Mech Bn and a Cav Trp?

What I have is the first company is HHC too E Co and the 7 company is HHT too D Btry. Did not include the helicopter section to the 11th CAV.

• 2 weeks later...

Tweaked the call sign template.

First Troop selected is "10" to reflect SHQ / CHQ

So fighting sub units need to be the second and subsequent units created (or the person renames them after creation).

Currently with some UK contacts before I submit it for upload as a "Commonwealth" standard (or near enough). ;)

Modable Unit call signs

There are five sections to the changeable unit call signs set-up from top to bottom.

1. NAME

This section has the name of the .cst that you are using. Each .cst that you use or make is and should be individually named

As well there are five buttons in this section.

a. OK This button selects what you have listed below and applies it to the scenario

b. CANCEL This button cancels what you have selected and leaves the set-up page. All call signs (c/s) stay as per the last set-up

c. IMPORT… This button brings the .cst settings from the export folder. The export folder can normally be found here C:\Documents and Settings\your computer\My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\export

d. EXPORT… This button saves what you have selected from the pull-down lists in the four sections below as a .cst in the export folder. The .cst should be individually named so you can import it from the export folder for use in another scenario at a later time.

e. REMOVE This button removes the .cst from the export folder.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9666&stc=1&d=1326054608

2. APPLY IF

This section allows you to pick which company’s you want to change the c/s.

With this you can use multiple .cst for the scenario

I.E. In the first .cst you would select from the pull-down list

1 == company== 4 this would change only the company’s listed from 1 to 4 in the Call Signs symbols section

In the second .cst you would select from the pull-down list

5 == company== 8 this would change only the company’s listed from 5 to 8 in the Call Signs symbols section

With this you can change one company or all the company’s in a scenario

The same applies for the platoon’s

NOTE: There are ONLY 15 Company’s per BLUE side / RED side, not 16 as listed in the Call Signs symbols section

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9667&stc=1&d=1326054608

3. TEXT CALL SIGN

This section sets up how a unit is listed in the text area in the bottom left of your screen

There are three levels of how a unit can be listed in the text area

a. Platoon

b. Section

c. Team

Each of these has a number of pull-down lists from 2- 4

The pull-down lists have COMPANY, PLATOON, SECTION, and TEAM

Depending on where the pull-down list is you may not have all four choices.

As well you have open blocks between each pull-down list where you can place individual marks or symbols

I.E. - ^ / \ : # *

This section I haven’t played with much so I normally ignore it.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9668&stc=1&d=1326054608

4. MAP CALLSIGN

This section sets up how a unit is displayed on the map (F5) of your screen

There are three levels of how a unit can be displayed on the map.

a. Platoon

b. Section

c. Team

Each of these has a number of pull-down lists from 3 - 5

The pull-down lists have MAP ICON, COMPANY, PLATOON, SECTION, and TEAM

Depending on where the pull-down list is you may not have all five choices.

The MAP ICON is the basic map symbol for that unit at platoon, section, team levels.

You can have something displayed on both sides of the map icon depending on where you place MAP ICON in the pull-down lists

I.E. PLATOON, MAP ICON, COMPANY would list what platoon from the CALL SIGNS SYMBOLS section to the left of the map icon and the company to the right of the icon

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9669&stc=1&d=1326054608 Platoon 1, icon, company B

As well you have open blocks between each pull-down list where you can place individual marks or symbols

I.E. - ^ / \ : # *

Platoon level http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9670&stc=1&d=1326054608 platoon, icon, company

Section level http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9671&stc=1&d=1326054608 platoon – section, icon, company

Team level http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9672&stc=1&d=1326054608 platoon – section, team, icon, company

For these examples, this is how you would be set

5. CALL SIGN SYMBOLS

This section sets up how you want your units called by COMPANY, PLATOON, SECTION, TEAM

As well there is a CO and XO spot where these two can have their own designation.

The four lists are numbered 1-16

NOTE: There are ONLY 15 company’s per BLUE side / RED side, not 16 as listed in the Call Signs symbols section so only company’s 1- 15 will be displayed

Each of these lists can be done as numbers, letters, symbols

This set-up can be used for both the BLUE side and the RED side

56e83cb1ef4e4_modcs1.jpg.454a0e1e020162b

56e83cb1f33ac_modcs2.jpg.814ac8ddd2baf1a

56e83cb203655_modcs3.jpg.e39ecbfa6ab7ffc

56e83cb204e26_modcs4.jpg.fa6c3b3950eabf8

56e83cb20777d_modcs5.jpg.b58b894c43a03e8

56e83cb209850_modcs6.jpg.d34e89b34accb4f

56e83cb20af72_modcs7.jpg.57487e523292114

56e83cb1ef4e4_modcs1.jpg.454a0e1e020162b

56e83cb1f33ac_modcs2.jpg.814ac8ddd2baf1a

56e83cb203655_modcs3.jpg.e39ecbfa6ab7ffc