T-72 Commander making wrong target calls

RichardG

Yeah. Note that in the T72 the TC can do nothing but shout, there's no way for him to point you to the target he wants engaged..

That is not correct. He can take control of the gun and point the gunner to the target. It has happened to me as gunner and I've pointed gunner to target as TC.

That is not correct. He can take control of the gun and point the gunner to the target. It has happened to me as gunner and I've pointed gunner to target as TC.

What I think Retro means, is that if there are many targets in your sight view, the TC's override is not accurate enough to pinpoint separate targets that are close to each other. Oh and to nitpick, he doesn't have control of the gun, but the turret.

I think I have also witnessed cases where the round passed through the target and hit the ground behind, and the TC then reported "over". Maybe this also played a role.

This is what I suspect.

We have seen this issue for during the last version and just figured you guy knew.

Many times a gunner will see the flash of the target being hit but hear short/over.....and start banging his head :bangin:

• Moderators

Well, technically (from what I remember anyway) sensing of a round is in regards to the splash of the round. So, if you fire a round that happens to go under the tank (between the hull and ground) and it impacts beyond the tank then yes, technically the shot was "over" (beyond) the target. Of course making the report "smart" and based on anything other than the splash on ground is very difficult to do. :shocked:

However, as for hits on targets with rounds going through, it does sound like the sensing should be based on the first impact...

Edited by Volcano

Its not contextual is it? As in based on the round type?

So AFPSDS response based on where the round hits a "hard target" (e.g. if it passes through the BMP and then hits the hard tgt of the ground behind it)?

Or HESH / HEAT based on where the round detonates (so again say passes through truck canvas side and denotates behind it)?

• Moderators
Hit a few T-72's the other night with an M1A1 and saw the flash of the KE round's impact, and was told "Over, reengage". I would expect to hear "Target, reengage".

That reminds me:

I suppose the other consideration is, (rhetorical question) was there a target between you and the vehicle you were shooting at? I had cases where the AI was sensing for a target he wanted me to shoot at which was near the one I was actually shooting at which, needless to say, makes things very confusing. :shocked: