Kim Jong Il Dead

SeanPatrick

Well its going to be an interesting few days.I see they launched a short range missile as well.The new Leader is only a figurehead,its the Old boys in the Uniforms that run the country.I cant see N Korea becoming more liberal,it shows too much loss of "face" and thats a big deal to the Koreans.To be honest i dont think it will ever happen.The majority of the populace are so brainwashed i doubt if they could even comprehend a western way of life.

I know he's small fry in comparison, but I'm hoping a piano falls out the sky and lands on Robert Mugabe. It would make a refreshing change.

He would probably make a deal with john Malkovich to avoid that piano in exchange of some Volutto Capsules . :cul:

• Members

Ah, but don't you understand comrade that every party functionary is giving everything for the people. Giving back a few amenities is less than fair compensation, wouldn't you agree? They need to fully concentrate on a successful defense against the imperialist subversion and the evil capitalists corrosive poison that they are dripping into the ears of the populace with their propaganda to undermine this greatest of all societies, on its way to material and spiritual prosperity - if only the party for once will have everything its way. Trust us. We know best what's good for you.

And in order to be successful, well, everybody must do his part - especially you!

Ah, but don't you understand comrade that every party functionary is giving everything for the people. Giving back a few amenities is less than fair compensation, wouldn't you agree? They need to fully concentrate on a successful defense against the imperialist subversion and the evil capitalists corrosive poison that they are dripping into the ears of the populace with their propaganda to undermine this greatest of all societies, on its way to material and spiritual prosperity - if only the party for once will have everything its way. Trust us. We know best what's good for you.

And in order to be successful, well, everybody must do his part - especially you!

Who are you?!

What have you done with Ssnake?

Give Him Back!

:biggrin:

North Korea actually deleted the word Communism from its constitution. Many observers now are trying to come up with some new term to describe it- the transition of power has been a family dynasty, it's like an absolute monarchy.

There is a fasciniating book called The Cleanest Race written by a Westerner who seems to have some of the keenest insights into North Korea, he argues that North Korea is more like Imperial Japan, a race based form of nationalism with a god-king at the head. Everything else, Marxist Leninism or North Korean Juche is smoke and mirrors. Colin Marshal from the Atlantic interviews him for quick introduction into his thesis, I highly recommend it.

http://www.3quarksdaily.com/3quarksdaily/2010/04/immersion-in-propaganda-racebased-nationalism-and-the-unfigureoutable-vortex-of-juche-thought-colin-.html

It's an undiplomatic point to make, but the inconvenient truth is that most North Korea-watchers in the United States don't speak Korean and don't read Korean. They're not able to read even the legend on a North Korean propaganda poster. So they, for decades, have had to depend on secondary sources of information, primarily in English. When they read North Korean materials, they have to read the so-called Juche Thought, because the regime has been careful to put this pseudo-ideology, this sham ideology, into English. So when foreigners want to read about North Korean ideology, they have to turn to these books on Juche thought, which really decoy them away from the true ideology.

Juche Thought is a jumble of humanist cliches like "Man is the master of all things." This fake doctrine has absolutely no bearing on North Korean policymaking.