Adanced tank range : Challenger 2 , Salisbury plain

oscar19681

I had no problem to kill 15 target with 16 shell (WP shell on moving target need a lot of empirical Lead).

But I prefere Tank table VIII scenarios, because in yours, we don't know what to do and whenWould be far better if we had a scenarised plan; ie :

-move from position 1 to 10.

-at the end of each firing sequence, we have a message ("move to next location")

Yes i,m planning on fixing the fact that there is no message when there are no more targets in the emplacements. Maybe ill just add how many targets are to be expected to the messagas.

So Oscar needs to use your map in his scenario (i.e. the issue is that his scenario uses an older map that potentially will overwrite your newer / better one)?

Not trying to attribute blame, just work out a solution. ;)

Understood.

If its the current one, he will need to download my map (which has darkangels Salisbury Plain 2 height map file included with it) in order to run it, so bundling my terrain map will do no good. Unless of course he is using SP 1 which I withdrew and isnt available any more. As that ones completely outdated, Id recommend that one not be used, though clearly people are more than entitled to create scenarios with it if they wish if they still have it. it does reference the bundled SP height map after all.

As I understand it, when you create a scenario you create a snapshot of a map for use in the scenario, which it retains in the scenario file. No problem with that at all, even if its one thats been altered, because as I understand it THAT wont overwrite any maps you may have downloaded. (though you still need DAs Salisbury plain height map which he kindly altered for me to use OS grid). I dont think scenario content overwrites any maps installed in multiplayer does it? It is a while since ive done it admittedly....

If they want to make scenarios with it, which are made with altered or unaltered versions of either map, fair enough, no issues at all. Alternatively, they can either use the original height map and build their own, or ask DAs permission to use the height map and build their own version. I merely ask they dont bundle either version of my map, altered or otherwise, along with scenarios.

Im not trying to be awkward or a pain, basically I just want to be the only one who alters my map as a finished download. If everyone alters it and ups it as they see fit, not only is it potentially going to be causing compatablity problems all over the shop, its a bit of a finger in the eye for yours truly who put so much time into the bally thing.

I will say though, nice to see it being used, and I apologise if this seems unduly unreasonable of myself. I just want to retain some rights on the thing is all.:)

Understood.

If its the current one, he will need to download my map (which has darkangels Salisbury Plain 2 height map file included with it) in order to run it, so bundling my terrain map will do no good. Unless of course he is using SP 1 which I withdrew and isnt available any more. As that ones completely outdated, Id recommend that one not be used, though clearly people are more than entitled to create scenarios with it if they wish if they still have it. it does reference the bundled SP height map after all.

As I understand it, when you create a scenario you create a snapshot of a map for use in the scenario, which it retains in the scenario file. No problem with that at all, even if its one thats been altered, because as I understand it THAT wont overwrite any maps you may have downloaded. (though you still need DAs Salisbury plain height map which he kindly altered for me to use OS grid). I dont think scenario content overwrites any maps installed in multiplayer does it? It is a while since ive done it admittedly....

If they want to make scenarios with it, which are made with altered or unaltered versions of either map, fair enough, no issues at all. Alternatively, they can either use the original height map and build their own, or ask DAs permission to use the height map and build their own version. I merely ask they dont bundle either version of my map, altered or otherwise, along with scenarios.

Im not trying to be awkward or a pain, basically I just want to be the only one who alters my map as a finished download. If everyone alters it and ups it as they see fit, not only is it potentially going to be causing compatablity problems all over the shop, its a bit of a finger in the eye for yours truly who put so much time into the bally thing.

I will say though, nice to see it being used, and I apologise if this seems unduly unreasonable of myself. I just want to retain some rights on the thing is all.:)

I understand this , but would this mean i would have to redo the salisbury plain tank range map all over again? It took alot of work to alter the map to create the tank range you see. If so i will not release an newer version for this scenario . Also what does this mean if i want to do antother tank range scenario with the fort knox map for example? I wonder if i have to upload the altered map in the first place ?

Im a bit confused, is this altered from Salisbury plain version 1 map (which uses the default SB height map) or is this altered from Salisbury plain version 2?

Ill tell you what, if its version one, yes alright, keep it part of the download. It wont have any chance of overwriting Sp version 2, and it cant mix up with the original because its not available anymore.

If however it is a modification of Version 2, im not really that happy about it because it may have a chance of overwriting the original. This may get confusing in multiplayer.

If you tell me what you want, Ill quite happily have a mod of SP version 2 and up it. I ought to really because ive already done another version which puts in most of Battlebury barracks to the west of the plains, and made some more modifications to imber. I can even point out a few locations where they would have C2 gunnery ranges in real life. The only thing I will say is that im not keen to have anything in the map that doesnt exist in real life.

I guess what im saying is, if you want something in the map, please ask and Ill try to put time aside to put it in. I may baulk if its all of Warminster, but anything else I can do in a few days is fair game.

I hope that doesnt make me sound too much like a tyrant. I want to be as helpful as I can. But I spent so much time on the map, I really want to have some control over how its modded.

Is that fair?

Im a bit confused, is this altered from Salisbury plain version 1 map (which uses the default SB height map) or is this altered from Salisbury plain version 2?

Ill tell you what, if its version one, yes alright, keep it part of the download. It wont have any chance of overwriting Sp version 2, and it cant mix up with the original because its not available anymore.

If however it is a modification of Version 2, im not really that happy about it because it may have a chance of overwriting the original. This may get confusing in multiplayer.

If you tell me what you want, Ill quite happily have a mod of SP version 2 and up it. I ought to really because ive already done another version which puts in most of Battlebury barracks to the west of the plains, and made some more modifications to imber. I can even point out a few locations where they would have C2 gunnery ranges in real life. The only thing I will say is that im not keen to have anything in the map that doesnt exist in real life.

I guess what im saying is, if you want something in the map, please ask and Ill try to put time aside to put it in. I may baulk if its all of Warminster, but anything else I can do in a few days is fair game.

I hope that doesnt make me sound too much like a tyrant. I want to be as helpful as I can. But I spent so much time on the map, I really want to have some control over how its modded.

Is that fair?

1- My suggestion to this would be: Would you Stuart, accept a Commons License, where your map or part of it, may be used or modified to create another product, giving you the proper credit for the work that you'd put in it?

2- Oscar, do you accept to use Stuart's previous work, giving him the credit he deserves for the work hes done previously and save your modifications into a new file called salisbury v3, not overwritting his original work?

What I'm seeing here is that you've used his work, modified it without his permission and overwrote his work. That aint legal. If you want to use someone elses work you must first ask the person's permission. I'm not saying your map and worth, we like it, but in my case, I made the mistake of overwritting the original file which is now lost.

1- My suggestion to this would be: Would you Stuart, accept a Commons License, where your map or part of it, may be used or modified to create another product, giving you the proper credit for the work that you'd put in it?

2- Oscar, do you accept to use Stuart's previous work, giving him the credit he deserves for the work hes done previously and save your modifications into a new file called salisbury v3, not overwritting his original work?

What I'm seeing here is that you've used his work, modified it without his permission and overwrote his work. That aint legal. If you want to use someone elses work you must first ask the person's permission. I'm not saying your map and worth, we like it, but in my case, I made the mistake of overwritting the original file which is now lost.

Yes i would be more then happy to give him credit if he would give me permission to use his maps. Where do i put these credits? in the readme file ? Also are the other maps made by him or are there other map makers that i would have to keep in mind to give credit?

Also i wasnt aware i could not use the maps without permission and for this i apologize.

Thank you, and maybe you could fine tune it to put the targets a little closer, so maybe that they fill the entire circle? The ammo is very in accurate sometimes, even FIN ammo!

Well you could move closer for the kill if you wish to close some distance , Its not like you are forced to fight in a static position

As I recently learned, the map you use to create a scenario (altered or not) is always included in the mission file.

So if you alter a map you don't need to include it in the downloadable zip file, hence no risk of overwriting someone's work.

-Rump

As I recently learned, the map you use to create a scenario (altered or not) is always included in the mission file.

So if you alter a map you don't need to include it in the downloadable zip file, hence no risk of overwriting someone's work.

-Rump

exellent! But to be on the safe side and out of respect for the creators i would like to have permission anyway.

I,ve uploaded version 2.0

Version 2.0 changes

* Removed WP rounds because it interfered with the training purposes

* Added map grafics to create simple battle plan

* Did some minor replacing of the targets

* added Captain_Colossus Challagner 2 BATUS skin to the download to

give the player the option to use an alternative skin (all credit go,s to Captain_Colossus)

* You will now be informed how many targets are to be expected when starting an engagment so you know

when there are no more targets left and you may move to the next engagement.

* Removed the altered map from the download to avoid copyright issues as requested by map author (there is no need to upload the altered map because it

is automaticly included into the scenery file altered or not altered)

Edited by oscar19681

No trouble I assure you.:)

Incidentally, if anyone has any requests for something they want put in, dont be afraid to post up about it. Im spending more time train simming these days, but I can usually find time to do something to the map.

Warminster?

;):D

No not really!

I have asked DA about a map for the area I live in just now as it holds a couple of tank ranges/training areas etc.

I wont rule out warminster one day actually. Ive sketched in a lot of the scenery around it, and its not much bigger than Amesbury which ive already done. Certainly the new features in the map editor would make it rather easier than it was.

Ive half a mind to finish Ludgershall also. With the warehouses and abandoned rail sidings it would be quite an interesting area to fight in. Long range engagements, but with lots of good cover too.