Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

CH-47 Chinook (Supply)

CH-146 Griffon (Supply)

CRH-90 (Supply) ? (I guess its a "C" if its not an "M")

Well you can do that now via scripting.

- Designate one or more regions as LZ’s

- Set the condition that if helo unit ? is landed in the region for X minutes then vehicles entering and staying for Y minutes will be resupplied or repaired.

Of course its pushing the bounds of reality (people don’t task rare assets like CH-47s to come forward with repair team and a hold full of parts to repair a tank).

Tasking the smaller helo(s) would be wrong given their limited cargo capacity and the weight of stuff like tank ammunition or engines, etc.

One CH-47 carrying unlimited ammo (by weight or nature) would certainly attract criticism as every vehicle coming near the helo would get a full new bomb load if it stayed long enough.

But if what you want is a game, rather than a simulation, it could be done.

Originally Posted by lavictoireestlavie

+1

That would be really epic. In the current version (not 3.0) it is sometimes hard to tell if a vehicle has been damaged or destroyed.

Well that’s no different to RL at say 1,500 - 2,000m.

You don’t always get turrets flipping or “roman candles“ (despite the ATGM manufacturer’s videos).

The BTR-80 is the worst...I don't think I have EVER seen one burn.

As for the BTR, if you have fired APFSDS through one side and out the other you may not see much in the way of external effects.

Do we finally have individual callsigns displayed on the vehicles?

attachment.php?attachmentid=12272&d=1377567784

SS_15_36_20.jpg

AS is Alpha Sierra, 1st platoon in Sierra X ( X is batalion depending, L,J or V)

EA is first vehicle in 1st platoon.

So either someone has made several skins and replaced them or we have indeed individual callsigns displayed on the vehicles in 3.0?

:D

/KT

In the current version (not 3.0) it is sometimes hard to tell if a vehicle has been damaged or destroyed.

Ha! Just a couple of days ago I let a friend borrow my extra license and we played a couple missions together. He was gunner, I was commander. He kept on firing at destroyed units, unsure if they were still a threat. I think he wasted 75% of our ammo that way. I'm not accustomed to having to yell "Cease fire!", so he just kept shooting.

"Better to be sure.", he said with a laugh. :)

Ha! Just a couple of days ago I let a friend borrow my extra license and we played a couple missions together. He was gunner, I was commander. He kept on firing at destroyed units, unsure if they were still a threat. I think he wasted 75% of our ammo that way. I'm not accustomed to having to yell "Cease fire!", so he just kept shooting.

"Better to be sure.", he said with a laugh. :)

In real life.

I have heard of crews making it look like there tanks were knocked out.

Only to ambush there adversaries as they went past. I would imagine in real life that unless you see the tank burn a the crew bailing out its pretty hard to tell at long range.

I would say the temptation to pump some more rounds in just to be sure is high.

I would be fun, if you could turn of the commanders ability to know when a tank is knocked out in SB.LoL

Do we finally have individual callsigns displayed on the vehicles?

So either someone has made several skins and replaced them or we have indeed individual callsigns displayed on the vehicles in 3.0?

Sorry, I only made a single skin for 2.6´s Strv-122 with this callsign.

Personally I don´t think, that there will be individual ones.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19963&d=1377954502

Now that would be a feature, to get individual markings from for instance the callsign template..

+1

That's a feature I've fully suspected was on the way since the groundwork was laid with the introduction of decals several versions back.

It's something that's been implemented in games at least as far back as the original IL-2.

As for the BTR, if you have fired APFSDS through one side and out the other you may not see much in the way of external effects.

I go out of my way to shoot them with a HEAT round whenever possible.

Destroyed BTR-80 bug is a known feature.

I'm confused now... It's a feature, or a bug?