Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

If you select a group of items (units, routes) that have the same exact scripting, and you attempt to edit them, it would be nice if the previous script was visible. Example: Say you have 3 squads that will spawn if event "1" is triggered and you want to add a random variable to the squads themselves.

As it is the previous script is blanked out if you have the group selected. If you have 25 or so groups like that it becomes rather repetitive restoring the old script and then adding the extra bit.

If possible, a few more things I wouldn't mind having:

1. The SCWS for the A1 Abrams tanks, as an option similar to the remote weapons systems on other vehicles -OR- the option to add a CROWS to the M1A2. Either one works for me since these are pretty much only useful in Iraq type scenarios.

http://www.defence-point.gr/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/SCWS_usmc.png

2. Where applicable, and if possible, the ability to specify how you want to hitch a tank with the recovery vehicles. IIRC, right now all tanks hitched to a recovery vehicle are attached with their front facing the rear of the recovery vehicle. It might be nice to be able to hitch the front of a recovery vehicle to the rear of a disabled tank and then drag it backwards for some distance if it is disabled in a relatively exposed position, or perhaps down inside a firing position.

3. If it exists, standard smoke rounds for the GALIX system. I'm unfamiliar with that system so if they only have multispectral smoke, don't worry about this one.

4. The ability to swap the default M2HB on the M113 for an MG3 to represent cold war era West German M113s, or an M240 so we can use it like an ersatz-FV432.

2. Where applicable, and if possible, the ability to specify how you want to hitch a tank with the recovery vehicles. IIRC, right now all tanks hitched to a recovery vehicle are attached with their front facing the rear of the recovery vehicle. It might be nice to be able to hitch the front of a recovery vehicle to the rear of a disabled tank and then drag it backwards for some distance if it is disabled in a relatively exposed position, or perhaps down inside a firing position.

You can do that now.

You can drive front on to a crock, attach the tow, backup and turn the towing vehicle around and then drive off.

Pretty sure that is articulated in one of my "How to" guides here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16426

In fact if the crock has driven into a river, then usually the rear of the crock is the only side close to the recovery vehicle.

THX , thought i could just have it as my signature :biggrin:

image.php?u=3014&type=sigpic&dateline=1377978736

er... ...

Well I thought you knew how to set up your signature.

When you're in the forum click on "User CP" right under the forum treeview.

Then on the left side of your screen, you got "Edit signature".

At that point you can paste the code I gave you.

You can drive front on to a crock, attach the tow, backup and turn the towing vehicle around and then drive off.

I think he meant the ability to hitch to the back of the disabled vehicle. At least, that's how I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong, Hans.

I totally agree with this. Just yesterday I was trying to tow a disabled vehicle out of a mine field. If I had been able to pull it straight back, all would've been well. But, since I was automatically hitched to the front, the disabled vehicle spun around, hitting another mine, destroying it completely.

I think he meant the ability to hitch to the back of the disabled vehicle. At least, that's how I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong, Hans.

Yes but if you read the whole of my post, I mention that if the vehicle drives into say a river then only the rear of the disabled vehicle is available since its closest to the back.

In fact if the crock has driven into a river, then usually the rear of the crock is the only side close to the recovery vehicle.

To make it super clear you can:

Attach the tow to the front of the disabled vehicle from the front of the towing vehicle.

Attach the tow to the rear of the disabled vehicle from the front of the towing vehicle.

Attach the tow to the front of the disabled vehicle from the rear of the towing vehicle.

Attach the tow to the rear of the disabled vehicle from the rear of the towing vehicle.

The combination is just determined by:

1. Which aspect of the disabled vehicle is closest to the bank.

2. Whether you drive up to the croc with the towing vehicle or

3. Whether you reverse up to the croc with the towing vehicle.

So what he wants to do (at least the second request), he can do.

You're exactly correct.

I swear I've tried this several times now. It seems as if towed vehicles always point their hull in the direction of travel.

You're exactly correct.

I swear I've tried this several times now. It seems as if towed vehicles always point their hull in the direction of travel.

Right so what you are really asking is not "hitch to the back of a vehicle" but tow the vehicle with the front pointing away from the direction of travel?

Yes you can "hitch to the rear of the vehicle" but as the towing vehicle moves and pulls the crock out of the bog/river or just starts to move (in the case of a lost track, etc.) then yes the towed vehicle turns automatically so that the hull faces the direction of travel.

So if what you want is something along the lines of pulling the vehicle "back" from the enemy and keeping its glacis plate orientated towards the enemy, then that will currently not happen.