Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Guest Killjoy

I'd rather not have a over-engineered Computer on tracks.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

dunno why everyone wants the centurion playable so badly, it's literally the slowest tank in the game,

it's fire control system consists of a 12.7mm ranging MG,

the armour is nothing special..

Durng Yom Kipur, 2 took on 60 Syrian T-55s... and won.

I would rather not have a rolling coffin that has paper armor and has to shoot and scoot. I would rather have a well engineered tank that can dish out on the move and take some too:

french_tank_kosovo.jpg

It doesn't look attractive enough,unlike almost all other tanks of SB Pro pe,you know...

I'd rather not have a over-engineered Computer on tracks.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Durng Yom Kipur, 2 took on 60 Syrian T-55s... and won.

the main reason for this was because they didn't have to move anywhere.

they engaged from prepared battle positions with range marks set down into the ground, allowing the israelis to accurately estimate range far beyond the range that the centurion usually would be able to engage at, and relatively well protected behind thick bunker-like berms. the T-62s and T-55s on the other hand, were engaging on wide-open terrain,

and also trying to get past an anti-tank ditch with far less bridgelayers than planned (because of the unexpectedly accurate israeli long-range gunnery)

what also didn't help is the incredibly slow reload time of the T-62 and T-55. you can literally get off 3 rounds from the centurion for every round the T-55 and T-62 fires.

A lot of us would disagree with you!

The french have a long history of producing sexy armor. The Leclerc is no different. It is a beauty , a sexy bitch so to say. :smilelove-1:

2918550049_6c6af6de2c_o.jpg

I agree the Leclerc is a fine looking tank.

And would like to see it modelled in SB

Its mobility and speed are very impressive to watch.

Don't know much about its fire control. so I cant comment.

The centurion was in many peoples opinion the best post war tank for a long time.

Yes it had its issues speed etc. And yes the Israeli version was heavily modified.

They made a good design even better .I would like to see playable versions of both tanks In SB next upgrade, The one after 3.0.LoL I once posed a question to the Military members on this forum, What would you rather have a state of the art tank with a poorly Trained and unmotivated crew

Or a highly trained well motivated crew in a less Sophisticated Tank, Unsurprisingly most chose a well trained crew.so the moral of the story is, its not how big your gun barrel is its how you use it.LoL

[...]I once posed a question to the Military members on this forum, What would you rather have a state of the art tank with a poorly Trained and unmotivated crew

Or a highly trained well motivated crew in a less Sophisticated Tank, Unsurprisingly most chose a well trained crew.so the moral of the story is, its not how big your gun barrel is its how you use it.LoL

You are reading Guderians Books ?

That is nearly exact what Guderian said at the End of 1944...

Aaaand I always thought French is famous for other Things, than Tanks.... ;)

mgt_isB0GTlnkWOyVAQNW1Q.jpg

champagne-food8.jpg

stuart-black-beach-view-cala-rossa-south-east-corsica-corsica-france-mediterranean-europe.jpg

Guest Killjoy

Now, lets get serious for a moment.

What are we more likely to get, the Centurion or the Leclerc?

I want the centurion mainly because, not only do I like it, but because it would be a nice change from all the modern kit we have.

• Moderators

Well, the Leclerc is certainly a very capable tank, and is one of the last remaining modern western tanks not represented (let's forget about the Ariete, for the purpose of this statement ;)).

The Centurion is a nice old tank, good for T-62 scenarios.

No where are those little munchkins that are supposed to be spamming this thread with pictures of the M60A3? Chop chop!!

Thanks Oceola for supporting the Leclerc Steel Beasts League :)

Marko , we will see who comes out on top once the new version is released. ;)

Hedgehog, enough with the french jokes already, you cant hope to diminish the Leclerc's grandeness! :sonic:

Yes that was a bit stereotypical. :)

I have to say my last french car (Citroen ZX) was extremely reliable.

Till i crashed it 8-9 years later.

Even then the cantankerous old bitch still turned over. :)

(But the Heater blower went pop a week or two before :( )

I once posed a question to the Military members on this forum, What would you rather have a state of the art tank with a poorly Trained and unmotivated crew

That would work if the system wasn't corrupted.

The very annoying problem is that you could have descent availabilities, crew skills and all...

But irrational choices had and are being made.

By exemple, we could have been a SB Pro user but at some point an officer decided to protect his post army job. He just throw away the trial version of SB pro (saying it's "just a game"... And yet French Army used Operation FlashPoint wich IS an actual GAME....) and continued to step forward the simulator made by Thales (The one that simulate the tank in its nominal mode. If you want emergency procedure you can still cry for it...).

After years of development they manage to make every variants of every vehicles' BMS to communicate efficiently with each other. And recently I heard that DGA is signing a contract to make a unified BMS made by some random compagny...

On one hand they deplete the potential of the differents units saying that it's due to budget cuts and on the other hand they just spoil big bucks on some useless s***.

And I'm not unfolding the reoganisation of heavy cavalry units at the maintenance level and at the crew level...

It's sad to see that you have a great potential wich is nuked by lobbies, hierarchy, and political decisions.

That would work if the system wasn't corrupted.

The very annoying problem is that you could have descent availabilities, crew skills and all...

But irrational choices had and are being made.

By exemple, we could have been a SB Pro user but at some point an officer decided to protect his post army job. He just throw away the trial version of SB pro (saying it's "just a game"... And yet French Army used Operation FlashPoint wich IS an actual GAME....) and continued to step forward the simulator made by Thales (The one that simulate the tank in its nominal mode. If you want emergency procedure you can still cry for it...).

After years of development they manage to make every variants of every vehicles' BMS to communicate efficiently with each other. And recently I heard that DGA is signing a contract to make a unified BMS made by some random compagny...

On one hand they deplete the potential of the differents units saying that it's due to budget cuts and on the other hand they just spoil big bucks on some useless s***.

And I'm not unfolding the reoganisation of heavy cavalry units at the maintenance level and at the crew level...

It's sad to see that you have a great potential wich is nuked by lobbies, hierarchy, and political decisions.

Employ Soviet tactics!

Have them all shot on trumped up charges, of wasting Taxpayers money!

:)