AMX-30

AMX-56 LeClerc

AMX-10RC

ASU-85

T-12 AT gun

ZSU-57-2

Hear hear! :)

I want:

• Adding names/tags in map editor layer so that's done once and for all. Scenario editor can choose to use layer and/or add own names and graphics.
  • Dynamic road and info signs depending on named area, road etc. in map editor. If a sign is within an named area or in vicinity of a road it gets that tag.
  • Possibility to add text to signs in map-/scenario editor. Right click on sign and add text.
  • Dynamic text on Decals with call sign on vehicles. All vehicles are already “individuals” today and SB keeps track of them so why not use that?

Edited by AlphaSierra
Wrote faster than my mind...

My wish list in order (it's a wish list, not a feasibility list):

Playable M2A0/A1/A3

Playable M60A1/A3

Functioning white light/IR searchlights

Playable T-64 series

Playable Chieftain Mk 5/Mk 11

Playable Challenger 1

T-64BV

T-80/A/B/BV

AMX-30

AMX-56 LeClerc

AMX-10RC

ASU-85

T-12 AT gun

ZSU-57-2

Nice list there Tread_Head57, which has a lot in common with my own (though priorities differ). I've got the full list of my Wishes lurking on my tablet somewhere so, one day, I'll post it here too.

I particularly like the mention of the Challenger 1 (Mk 3 please), which I can't remember seeing in this thread before, and the T-12, which is needed to reflect Soviet defensive tactics more accurately, along with SPG-9 ;)

I particularly like the mention of the Challenger 1 (Mk 3 please), which I can't remember seeing in this thread before, and the T-12, which is needed to reflect Soviet defensive tactics more accurately, along with SPG-9 ;)

Thanks for mentioning the SPG-9 Panzer_Leader. I agree that it would be beneficial for Cold War scenarios depicting the Warsaw Pact forces on the defensive. It would also be accurate for modern Afghanistan scenarios.

I think most of the cold war era vehicles already have skins for various eras, for example DPAbrams has made plain OD, MERDC, and modern CARC schemes for the M1, the Leopard 2A4 has existing skins in both modern NATO style camo and plain OD green, etc.

What we could use, I think, would be a few extra nationality folders so that we can drop these skins in and easily switch between eras, and also some older cold war infantry.

US 1980 - would need new infantry: M1 helmets, M16A1 rifles, plain OD green OG-107 uniforms. Appropriate vehicle skins already exist for us to download.

DE 1980 - would again need new infantry for troops wearing steel helmets rather than kevlar, plain OD green uniforms, G3 rifles. Again, vehicle skins are already out there.

UK 1980 - Again, 1980s or 1970s helmets, uniforms, FN-FAL rifles, and if the vehicle skins don't exist yet then somebody will make them soon enough.

We don't really need any changes for the Soviet/RU side because they're sill using the same darn rifles now that they used in the 60s.

I think most of the cold war era vehicles already have skins for various eras, for example DPAbrams has made plain OD, MERDC, and modern CARC schemes for the M1, the Leopard 2A4 has existing skins in both modern NATO style camo and plain OD green, etc.

What we could use, I think, would be a few extra nationality folders so that we can drop these skins in and easily switch between eras, and also some older cold war infantry.

US 1980 - would need new infantry: M1 helmets, M16A1 rifles, plain OD green OG-107 uniforms. Appropriate vehicle skins already exist for us to download.

DE 1980 - would again need new infantry for troops wearing steel helmets rather than kevlar, plain OD green uniforms, G3 rifles. Again, vehicle skins are already out there.

UK 1980 - Again, 1980s or 1970s helmets, uniforms, FN-FAL rifles, and if the vehicle skins don't exist yet then somebody will make them soon enough.

We don't really need any changes for the Soviet/RU side because they're sill using the same darn rifles now that they used in the 60s.

Think the Soviets use a new style of padded helmet, and a new AEK-91? style rifle

I use Transparency software for this, but it's some time difficult to adjust scale.

So add a numeric on the zoom of the map editor (as on scenario editor) so it is easier to scale the windows when you zoom in and out to put building or road to fit back on the map overlay.

I use Transparency software for this, but it's some time difficult to adjust scale.

So add a numeric on the zoom of the map editor (as on scenario editor) so it is easier to scale the windows when you zoom in and out to put building or road to fit back on the map overlay.

Salut Froggy, can you tell me what software do you use for the transparency?

Merci!

Think the Soviets use a new style of padded helmet, and a new AEK-91? style rifle

Yes and no.

Right now, I think they issue a combination of old and new helmet designs. The standard rifle is still the AK. They tried to replace it with the AN-94, but that design failed because it's far too complicated and uses nonsense such as cables in it's action.

My content wishlist:

1- Height Map Import Plugin.

2- To be able to place an Image Overlay with adjustable transparency in the Map Editor.

Attachment 12537

3- Mini Map in the Mission Editor/Map Editor´s F1 View (3D World View).

Attachment 12536

1. Available but only in Pro. There are people who will do it for you though as demonstrated.

2. Yes. I've added something similar to SB Mapper Pro. It would be nice to see an inbuilt Google earth interface.

3. Awesome idea. The opposite would be nice too a little 3d / isometric window when you were working on the 2d map.

I will also add one of my own pet peeves:-

4. Map shading (as an option maybe) and /or Contour lines with heights. I added shading in SB Mapper and I think it makes a big difference.