Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Another feature I would like to see is individual unit numbers showing up on vehicle hulls. Just to use a US example, the CO's tank is 66, 1st platoon's leader tank is 11, etc. Instead of all tanks being numbered by the default decal. This would make it easier to ID the vehicle visually without having to refer to the map.

I, of course, don't know what eSim has planned, but I've personally believed since the introduction of decals a few versions back that this sort of individual unit numbering was in the pipeline.

It's a feature, after all, that's been present in some sims for over a decade (think IL-2).

There are certainly complications, as Mark points out, but I like to think they're not insurmountable.

And the Scimitar too :bigsmile:

Yes, if the BGTI upgrade to Scimitar brings 50x zoom like M1A2 SEP and a laser range finder linked to Blue and Red Force tracking (or whatever the specific capabilities of ComBAT are), per this post http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=248056&postcount=10, then I'm all for it! :thumbup::-D:thumbup:

More detailed AAR:

-Can enter GPS at the moment of shooting,or maybe a screenshot

-Real target distance vs distance inputted in computer

-Real target angular speed vs angular speed inputted in computer

This would expand the AAR-size quiete a bit, and it a feature only really needed for REAL-gunnery training.

So I'd be more a SBpro and not a SBproPE thing.

How very dare you sir, I challenge you to a duel,

pork pies and beer at a public house of your choice :gun:

I accept. Castle Inn, Little Bytham at a time of your choosing. But rather than pork pies, how about fish and chips? The pub calls their cod and chips dish 'Whale on a Plate - which is a fair description. Nice local beers too. :)

Not sure how viable this request is. but it is a wish list.LoL

Some Asian made Tanks and IFV's like the type -90. type -10. K1-A2. K2 Black Panther.

And of course some PLA types namely the type -99. I would bet it would be hard to get the

Relevant information on them. well here's hoping the PLA buys official SB licences.

Are small community would get very large very quickly. LoL

More detailed AAR:

-Can enter GPS at the moment of shooting,or maybe a screenshot

-Real target distance vs distance inputted in computer

-Real target angular speed vs angular speed inputted in computer

Full gunnery AAR is present in SB PRO since 2004 (I had a copy of the Alpha release of SB PRO for test)

• Members

exercice-bilateral-aux-cotes-d-une-unite-britannique-au-cenzub.jpg

I am wondering why people think that this is a good idea.. see also 422_panz10.jpg

One wrong move by the driver and you have a squished squad.. one RPG fired at the tank (a bullet magnet I would think), same (at least they don't have ERA mounted :o).. the tank firing - the squad being deaf and/or dead (should they happen to stray into its fwd sector)..

I am wondering why people think that this is a good idea.. see also 422_panz10.jpg

One wrong move by the driver and you have a squished squad.. one RPG fired at the tank (a bullet magnet I would think), same (at least they don't have ERA mounted :o).. the tank firing - the squad being deaf and/or dead (should they happen to stray into its fwd sector)..

Never mind that, have you seen the badge on the side?

What happens when it turns into a evil giant robot and tries to take over the world!!!

The ability to set waypoints in the 3D world would be cool for the mission editor and planning phases.

One way I could see it working would be just to add a small crosshair (so we can see where we're aiming) and then allow lasing to put a laser mark on the 2D map like you get on lower realism settings when playing a scenario. Then add a new function to the right-click pop-up menu on the 2D map that adds a waypoint at the current 3D view location and aimed at the laser mark.