Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I'm tired of your childish french bashing. Time to grow up, you are not in elementary school anymore

Oh really! There was a smiley at the end of my post - indicating it was meant in jest. I have never indulged in 'French bashing' on this forum and am actually a firm francophile. I have spent some time in France and consider it to be the most civilised country in Europe.

Add new infantery type: Engineers.

- Able to remove conventional or advanced mines (not buried nor scattered one) with a breaching route (take 20mn to breach a standard width minefield pass).

- Able to lay conventional or advanced mines (50x50m in 20mn).

- Able to breach abatis (big explosion of C4!) (take 15-20mn)

Ok, it's time consumming, but now with save et join in progress, we can run longer scenario, with more valuable assets.

lec77b.jpg

Come on! The entire community knows what you want.

I wasn't found of Eisenshwein's repeated requests.

Why would it be different for a different vehicle (even if that vehicle is the one I desire the most)?

I'm asking you to believe in eSim Games' guys rather than implore them permanently.

Be good and you'll be rewarded.

Maybe this could help you to pass the time :

Yep, 4 emplacement (hull down) are dig in 30mn by an EBG or MPG.

There was a tank sim called Balkans on fire it was a pretty poor sim

But it did have a few good features, one I was particularly impressed with was the ability

For the T-72 to dig its self in using its own dozer blade.

And crews abandoning there Tank ,if the Tank was on fire.(drop and roll it was funny to watch.

Also I would like to see vehicles that have the ability to snorkel, implemented

I have seen footage of the leo-2 and Soviet tanks snorkelling. not sure if the M1 or CR-2 Leclerc can I think the US marine M1 can.

Having the ability to snorkel would IMO be a significant advantage.

here's a link to a video of the T-72 digging in fourth clip down

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?Itemid=132&id=87&option=com_content&task=blogcategory.

%7Boption%7D

But Challenger 2 seems to not have ability to ford water obstacles wich snorkels.

When it came to the issue of river crossing

I think the Soviets had the upper hand in Europe, Nearly all of there equipment was Amphibious or could forge. All of there tanks carried snorkel tubes.

But I did read snorkelling was not a popular task in the soviet army and was time consuming

Are snorkel tubes standard issue on western tanks like the leo-2/M1 if so where are they Stored. Also how long would it take to prepare them for a snorkel crossing

When it came to the issue of river crossing

I think the Soviets had the upper hand in Europe, Nearly all of there equipment was Amphibious or could forge. All of there tanks carried snorkel tubes.

It is not truth. Earlier NATO tanks also had snorkels.

M60A1FordExsm.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBUEx9kr4EyA1O7_zV0AAplEkjpQQ2siz2bsuQMfo20awHGpvq_g

hqdefault.jpg

However both in USA and Soviet Union there were designed kits that allowed medium tanks to swim.

But I did read snorkelling not a popular task in the soviet army and was time consuming

Hard to wonder why don't you think? ;)

Are snorkel tubes standard issue on western tanks like the leo-2/M1 if so where are they Stored. Also how long would it take to prep them for a snorkel crossing

For Leopard 2 it is standard issue. For M1 not so much but I believe that after fielding M1A1HC, to increase commonality between US Army/ARNG and USMC, during modernization or refurbishment all tanks were prepped to have ability to install snorkels. In fact you can easy increase M1's fording ability for deeper water obstacles by increasing lenght of existing snorkel tubes and add additional long snorke/crew tube for commander or loader hatch.

Where tubes are stored, well I seen USMC M1A1's with tubes stored on the turret rear storage baskets. But normally these are stored in magazines. ;)

As for preparations, well, depends what you ask, preparing tanks only or the whole crossing? Installation of snorkels should be relatively quick, preparing crossing is a different story, especially if water is deep.