Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

All Leo 1 and 2´s can forge.

There are 3 Methods:

Forge up to a deep of 1,20 m without special Preparations

Deep Forge up to a deep of 2,25 m with a Preparation Time of ~ 5 Minutes.

Drive under Water up to 4 m deep Water with a Preparation of ~ 30 Minutes

Every Leo has a Forging Tube on board, so every Leo can drive trough Water up to ~ 2,25 Meter. This Tube is "folded" and stored at the Back of the Turret.

For Driving under Water you need a special Equipment Tube that is stored at the Division.

For "Forge" and "Deep Forge" the Tanks are ready to Combat within Minutes.

I hope that someday an emplacement can be built by an engineer vehicle while game is running.

I tend to cover this by having emplacements deployable in a certain area with say, an M88 Eng Veh proxy heading to the rear as the mission starts.

Add new infantry type: Engineers.

- Able to remove conventional or advanced mines (not buried nor scattered one) with a breaching route (take 20mn to breach a standard width minefield pass).

- Able to lay conventional or advanced mines (50x50m in 20mn).

- Able to breach abatis (big explosion of C4!) (take 15-20mn)

Ok, it's time consuming, but now with save et join in progress, we can run longer scenario, with more valuable assets.

Well your Engineer's must be supermen! :)

I'd like to see abatis cleared with a MICLIC. :)

Yep, 4 emplacement (hull down) are dig in 30mn by an EBG or MPG.

There was a tank sim called Balkans on fire it was a pretty poor sim

But it did have a few good features, one I was particularly impressed with was the ability

For the T-72 to dig its self in using its own dozer blade.

And crews abandoning there Tank ,if the Tank was on fire.(drop and roll it was funny to watch.

Also I would like to see vehicles that have the ability to snorkel, implemented

I have seen footage of the leo-2 and Soviet tanks snorkelling. not sure if the M1 or CR-2 Leclerc can I think the US marine M1 can.

Having the ability to snorkel would IMO be a significant advantage.

here's a link to a video of the T-72 digging in fourth clip down

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?Itemid=132&id=87&option=com_content&task=blogcategory.

An "Abandon Tank" selectable AI condition/Manual command would be nice.

Tank moves to Destroyed Status and surviving crew become a HMG team with an MG3 or an M240/FN MAG (stay tuned.)

With regard to Fording.

You're missing the point.

What SB needs is the M3 Bridging Vehicle.

These are water jet propelled amphibious pontoons.

They were specifically developed to overcome the problem of bridging small rivers, and avoid all the messing around with snorkels.

z3FIMp-kmQg

Not sure how you'd get them to all link up in mission.

Maybe a deployable bridge in the mission editor/planning phase?

Well if your plan involves crossing a river as the first option of attack, then frankly, sir, you're doing it wrong. :)

I know I know,

You may have no option but then if that is the case, then I would sincerely imagine that this hypothetical bridge crossing is part of a preplanned operation, involving dedicated bridging assets, who can get you across the river in company strength in around 30-40 mins.

When you're crossing a river chaps, you don't f**k about.

Get over difficult ground as lightly as possible.

Well your Engineer's must be supermen! :)

I'd like to see abatis cleared with a MICLIC. :)

Well, no need to be superman when you have the right equipment.

... and leave the MICLIC for what it is intended.

Just put those in the right spots and sweep the debris.

EOD is generally happy to blow stuff up.

Sorry I misread, I thought we were discussing buried mines.

Here is a question:

What happens when you shoot a mine with a rifle?

Does it explode?

Or just deform?

Even buried mines is not such a big task, there are plow-type devices for that. They lift the ground=>mine slides in=>close the ground=> mine buried.

2nd point: depends on type of mine and type of rifle.

As in school, you must show your work to arrive at your conclusion.

:thumbup:

A funny one :

The Butterfly mine, shoot the plastic body above 25 meters away with a bb gun at 450fps.

It might take a few shots but it will detonate with the cumulative pressure.

Toy gun against a mine that has (unfortunately) the appearance of a toy...

An AT mine with tilt rod, hit in the top third of the rod with a .177 lead pellet fired at 500 fps from an air rifle from 50m away.

As in school, you must show your work to arrive at your conclusion.

I recommend 30m. You've got a higher chance to hit, and you sit in 1st row when the fun starts 8-)

We miss the Point?

Because the Brits missing the Point for Decades !

M3´s are 2nd or 3rd Phase Vehicles, or are they first Line of Attack ?

And yes, Marder can forge as well:

We Brits try and bypass points whenever we encounter them. :clin:

But the Marder fording is most impressive. :)

I'm new to the game so I don't know the details. But as a former 11B Infantryman, I can tell you that infantry dug into well prepared positions are tough on the defense. Naturally, this cannot be done on the move except for a "hasty dig" order, but trying to blow up troops in a modern fighting position is quite a task. Add in hardened positions and you magnify the job even more. A platoon of infantry with enough MG's, ATGM's and Stinger missiles can hold at bay nearly any force for a very long time.

I'm new to the game so I don't know the details. But as a former 11B Infantryman, I can tell you that infantry dug into well prepared positions are tough on the defense. Naturally, this cannot be done on the move except for a "hasty dig" order, but trying to blow up troops in a modern fighting position is quite a task. Add in hardened positions and you magnify the job even more. A platoon of infantry with enough MG's, ATGM's and Stinger missiles can hold at bay nearly any force for a very long time.

There is a way of putting infantry in a fox hole

In the mission editor select vehicle emplacement and put it

Where you want your Infantry to make there last stand against Tanks LoL

Also if your infantry are near a building give them a defend order and they will take up Positions in the building.

May by an Idea to have the Order for Inf. on a Way point or in direct Control: "Dig in"

After 3 Min. they should have build their Foxholes and after 30 Min. the have build a complete Dig in Position for all Weapons ?!

I like this. Infantry have shovels for a reason! APCs and IFVs have shovels attached to them for a reason!

It would be great to give them the ability to dig in during the mission itself instead of just occupying pre built positions.

In addition, we carried sandbags, cardboard planking and steel fencing rods to build hardened fighting positions (they did away with "foxholes" to be more military PC I guess). Give us a full day, three for best results, and we had a 2-man position with three feet of overhead cover against incoming fire and camoflage to avoid most detection. We had fighting positions specifically designed for just about everything:

Rifles

ATGM's

MG's

OP's

Command

etc.

In addition, a fully loaded IFV would have different types of mines, commo wire, flares, smoke devices...we lived like gypsies with everything. ESPECIALLY FOOD AND WATER! Straight leg infantry had almost nothing...heheh :o

As mentioned earlier, all this works best on the defense with time to prepare. Bound to face dug in infantry in reality like this sooner or later. Dunno how it works for Warsaw Pact, their doctrine was usually attack attack attack.